What is the Worst neighborhood in santiago?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
OK there are many thread/posts on what is the best place in santiago to live in ; So lets talk about the opposite......What is the Worst hood in santiago?

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
NiBaje, Pueblo Nuevo, Cienfuegos............just guessing since those used to be some of the worse, HB will probably hve a better idea.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ni Pueblo Nuevo, ni Nibaje (although they are not top of the list.)

Worst?? Cienfuegos, Peking, Cerro de Papac?n??<Suelo Duro> Ensanche Bermudez?

The area in back of Estadio Cibao..

Lot depends on who you run with...

HB

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
i personally think cienfuegos isn?t as bad as its reputation -- but that might be beacuse i worked there for a year and my husband still does, things are changing a lot with the new ?polytecnico?

it?s hard to name a neighborhood that?s bad... because there are some nice areas and some bad areas in most sectors. like the calle 20 de gurabo is not exactly heaven. but the rest of gurabo is nice.

depends on what you?re looking for and what you consider to make a bad ?hood?

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
El Ciruelito

El Ciruelito to me is in the top two, most huelgas start there.....

Ensanche Bermudez and Pekin are pretty much up there too..

regards

STIOP

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
La calle 20 area isn't bad - I live close by and would know if there were problems with violence.

La otra banda across the river has a bad reputation.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'll say El Ejido it's pretty bad.

El Ejido isn't bad at all. I used to live and visit there probably at least once a week as my cu?ada lives there.

Furthermore, how many times have we left after 12 pm at night on the weekends, or walked over to oche to get some food late at night with no problem.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
We had a joke when i was in college... i didnt know what nibaje was.... till we were taking someone home... i noticed it seemed to be a different type of neighborhood so i asked my friend who was driving where we were.... after we had left our friend... (a german model who didnt know better) he said "nibaje" and i asked ni baje?? and all he said was "asi mismo! ni baje paca!" i always thought that was hilarious... .... my husband says... la otra banda.... la hoya, el hoyo de los perros, la ciudad satelite are the worst

The original name of this naighborhood used to be " Bonaibe " but people started calling it " Nibaje " becuose the bad condition of the streets. I can remenber this phase ( Ni baje, if you don't want to get stock in the mudd ). And the name of the mean street used to be " Juan Pablo Duarte " today Av. "Fraco Bido". The city swichted the name of the different Street about 15 years ago considering that the name of the more important Dominican heros should be on the more important streets.

JJ.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
One of my friends from Baracoa (another bad one back in the 80s) told me about Nibaje, Los Platanitos, Caonabo and specially La Otra Banda being the worst of the worst in Santiago, but that they don't hold a candle to the ones in Santo Domingo! And to think, I lived close to Cristo Rey for 6 years and thought there were worse places, but I guess I was wrong!

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
No interstructure equals disaster, what new, this creates forign aid, the country was the same way fifty years ago with less people living here. we were better of financially. Politically with had a similar type of Government one party control. its just diffrent players, disguise as a democracy