Owner of local strip club kidnapped and murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Talk and rumours over the weekend focussed, first on the kidnapping, and then on the murder, of the owner of El Boheme. Apparently, and this is just rumour, he was involved in other business that led to this event. I was surprised that nothing had been posted on this site, since its pretty big news over here in POP.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i didn't think we do talk and rumours here. get back to us when you have something concrete...

thanks

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
i didn't think we do talk and rumours here. get back to us when you have something concrete...

thanks

I believe the rumor part is that he was involved in other types of buisness, that led to his murder not the part that he was kidnapped and murdered.

Mar 2, 2008
If we didn't do talk and rumors there wouldn't be much to post.

The fact is, we love talk and rumors, and Mr. Mike is correct about the evidence. It's on every thread.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yeah i guess. but ever thought that this guy could be related or have friends here that would be concerned about him ? i sure wouldn't want to talk about something like that only when it is confirmed...
then again, my statement was only true when it dealt with "certain" individuals....:ermm:

Mar 2, 2008
I haven't seen any speculation about this case whatsoever, and there shouldn't be any distribution of unsubstantiated information, as long as there is concern about someone's life.

However, seeking information isn't necessarily a bad thing, and could perhaps initiate some legitimate fact finding. There was certainly plenty of talk and rumors regarding the Bani murders, and the questions that were asked might have been one reason the press became involved.

So there is a time and place for talk and rumors, but it is probaly not in anyone's best interest to speculate in this particular case, without more facts being known.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Unless I'm translating poorly, everything I see online indicates he was released by the kidnappers, not murdered. (?)

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
To me it sounds more like two idiots with a gun and driving the car of some business (they may have been working for?) thought there was easy money in kidnapping a businessman. Apparently the "businessman" in question was freed on Duarte Hwy in between Santiago and La Vega... alive, as they allegedly were unable to get the 2 million PESO ransom.
The police seems to indicate they have one in custody already... if so, the other one won't last much.

While these idiots don't seem to have had the routine, guts and know how to pull this thru "successfully" and don't seem to belong to an "organization", it still may raise concerns. I seem to see more beggars lately, more "public" stuff being stolen... even some vandalism... just in the last couple of months... Some people seem not only to go desperate but even hungry. A dangerous tendency for the stability of this country's frail political "stability" and ecconomy.

... J-D

Reactions: FernieBee
Mar 2, 2008
Approximately 60,000 US dollars. That is a considerable amount depending upon how much he is worth. I know many who could not raise that amount of money in short notice, or even within months. It's all relative, so to speak.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Thanks for the posts, I just wanted more info on the matter, since I don't speak Spanish to read local papers. This site is good for this, getting information. Unfortunately, one does have to start with a 'rumour' to get information flowing. Thanks again.

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
If that kidnapping occurred in Mexico, the man would've probably been killed. It's a good thing they let him go.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Talk and rumours over the weekend focussed, first on the kidnapping, and then on the murder, of the owner of El Boheme. Apparently, and this is just rumour, he was involved in other business that led to this event. I was surprised that nothing had been posted on this site, since its pretty big news over here in POP.

I'll tell you why I didn't mention it a) he was kidnapped on Thursday night & released a mere 26 hours later unharmed &, b) more importantly, the family were seemingly not co-operating with the police because they didn't want anything to go wrong. Under those circumstances it always seems to me better to remain silent until after the event.

Word on the street is that they paid and that's why it was over so quickly.
sacandomelao: Versiones dicen familiares si tuvieron que pagar por liberaci?n empresario secuestrado

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Approximately 60,000 US dollars. That is a considerable amount depending upon how much he is worth. I know many who could not raise that amount of money in short notice, or even within months. It's all relative, so to speak.

considering the family has managed to gather this much within such short space of time i guess they must share my point of view.
2 million pesos would buy a good jeepeta and not much more... of course most dominicans can only dream about this much money but for rich people it is not a lot.

i don't recall many kidnapping cases in DR thou?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
i don't recall many kidnapping cases in DR thou?

Yes there have been some: the engineer from his Casa de Campo property (? approx 18 months back), the French man from Samana (whose body they found), the American lady from Las Terrenas (posted on DR1), some from outside Santiago last year, and others. Previous Chief of Police had quite a TV presence at the point of rescuing some of the kidnapped.

For what it's worth according to Clave Digital current Police Chief is indicating the Puerto Plata kidnapping on Thursday was narco related. 'Con respecto a los secuestros que se han producido en los ?ltimos d?as, incluyendo el rapto el pasado viernes del empresario Cirilo Polanco Silverio (Raffy) en la ciudad de Puerto Plata, y que fue secuestrado frente a su negocio por dos individuos provistos de armas de fuego, el jefe Policial indic? que todos est?n ligados al narcotr?fico.'
CLAVE DIGITAL - TITULARES

I have absolutely no idea whether this is true or whether it's the Police Dept. way of dealing with a family who handled matters themselves rather than involve the police................

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think there is always a tendency to associate strip-clubs (and clubs in general) owners with drogas. and not only in DR.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
If I remember correctly.........

.............the club had been closed a few years back after a raid and the owners were in jail for sometime.............

..........then released and the club reopened............not sure if it was discussed here before or not...............

Status
Not open for further replies.