Travelling from Caberete

Status
Not open for further replies.

djstone

Apr 9, 2008
Hi
I am going to be spending a month in cabarete (in May) and then I am plan on taking 2 weeks and traveling around the coast and I was wondering what places do you recommend that I stop and I only plan on staying for a day maybe two at each place so should I book a place ahead of time or is it easy to find somewhere to stay?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
May is a great month because it is low season. You will not need reservations. Definitely rent a car. You may consider a week in Samana (Cozon, Playa Bonita, Las Terrenas, and then Las Galeras (Playa Rincon), Salto El Limon.

Also on the northwest side there is Monte Cristi, Punta Rucia, La Ensenada, Luperon, La Isabela, Cofresi, Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete, Rio San Juan, Playa Grande, Cabrera.

Check out the the travel section for what to do in these places. Dominican Republic Travel Information

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
May is a great month because it is low season. You will not need reservations. Definitely rent a car. You may consider a week in Samana (Cozon, Playa Bonita, Las Terrenas, and then Las Galeras (Playa Rincon), Salto El Limon.

Also on the northwest side there is Monte Cristi, Punta Rucia, La Ensenada, Luperon, La Isabela, Cofresi, Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete, Rio San Juan, Playa Grande, Cabrera.

Check out the the travel section for what to do in these places. Dominican Republic Travel Information

We did basically the same thing a few years ago. Traveled the whole north coast all the way to Samana (Las Galeras). We did it during high season and still had no trouble finding places to stay without reservations ahead of time.

I agree with everything Dolores said and might add the waterfalls at Imbert to the list.

The only trouble you will have is leaving each place after only a day or two. You will want to stay longer. But I recommend a week in Samana with Las Terrenas as your base.

Bob H.

Status
Not open for further replies.