Kind warning - L'Oscar lavanderia

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Evening everyone,

Just come from an interesting experience at above mentioned Dry Cleaners on Lincoln.

Three weeks ago (after arriving in SD) I took all of my suits, and other items to the above dry cleaners, who subsequently super-sized everything. All my suit jackets went from a 42" to roughly a 48". They offered to reclean them and suggested the steam cleaning could have increased the wool, and if they couldn't repair their tailor in house would resize the suits back...

Well, after 5 visits now, and not one call back from them, we went to see the Manageress who suggested that we provided them with all the items too big...... (err hello?), and refused to even refund the money for the cleaning, never mind the thousand and thousands of dollars worth of clothing that is now completely ruined.

Oh, and interestingly she also said that wool does not increase in size and there was no way their process could have caused the problems. Funny sort of wool she was thinking about...

Just a keen warning to others considering going there, be warned that it looks nice from the outside, have a problem and its a different matter.

Sorry for venting but had to get it out somewhere.

Just a warning for you all and your friends and thanks for listening.

Suitless Steve

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Look on the bright side mate. Given time, when you gain a few pounds/kilos, you will look smashing in your suits! You can't always sometimes tell what you least expect most.