Moca

solisdad2000

Aug 31, 2005
If I happen to go to Moca - anyone know anything interesting to do there? Examples would be:
Good shops (the dominicana wife would be amused)
Childrens things to do (8 year old girl)
Tourist attractions like nice place to see (waterfalls, rivers, nice park, etc.)
Nice place to eat and/or drink (please nothing "typico" unless not typical :laugh: !).

Oh yes - I'll be travelling from Constanza, so via LaVega, n case there's anything on the way. I'm not interested in Santiago!

Yes - I know I can google the plae so I'm looking for wha's hard(ish) to find on google!

Thanks.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
My wife's family is in Moca and I used to live there and still visit a couple times a month and honestly there isn't a whole lot to do. There are very few nice restaurants to choose from (if any at all).

If you aren't interested in Santiago, I recommend Jarabacoa as it is on the way from Constanza to La Vega and there are many good restaurants to choose from, rivers to swim in, rafting and waterfalls, not to mention horseback riding.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I won't ask why Moca, but here is how to get there and if you speak Spanish, you can see three possible sites:
The little train
The small zoo
The Picina

Besides that, there is the central park and the old church, and, I am afraid, not a whole lot more.

You get to Moca by going in the direction of Santiago and when you pass the non-operational toll booth, take the right at the non or semi-operational overpass. Lots of orange signs telling you its coming up...That road leads you to the west side of town, near a big church. From there you'll have to ask directions or hire a moto-concho to guide you for rd$20..

HB