obtaining a tourist card

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
. I am aware I can purchase a tourist card at JFK prior to my flight to the DR but... I will be leaving from Buffalo , arriving at JFK and then on to P Plata. will i have the opportunity to purchase the card ? (location wise) I am not sure I would have access to where the cards are sold? I also read i can purchase the tourist card upon arrival in DR. Where would the booth to do this be located? If someone could provide me some information i would really appreciate it.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
the booth is right in the same area as the customs counter.

usually when the flights come in from the US, they have someone selling them

Mar 2, 2008
You really can't miss it. Just follow the crowd to the immigration room. Off to the left in that room is a booth that sells the cards.

They cost $10 US. You just give them the money, and they give you the card. You then walk perhaps 10 feet another person will take the card. Silly, I know, but that is the way it is done.

You then get your passport checked through immigration, and then on to get your luggage. I've never been longer than 10 minutes in immigration. It's really easy and quick.

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Thanks so much for the information, I can picture where you are talking about ,i haave not had to purchase a tourist card on prior trips ,i wanted to ensure i knew EXACTLY what i was looking for,Thank you for the information i appreciate it.