Centro Olimpico Juan Pablo Duarte??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can tell you rightnow that there is no central phone at the Centro Ol?mpico. It is a conglomeration of federations that have their hqs there. Judo, Swimming Raquetball, Futbol. Cycling Basketball etc etc etc...

So, what are you looking for??? Let me know, maybe I can help...

HB

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I can tell you rightnow that there is no central phone at the Centro Ol?mpico. It is a conglomeration of federations that have their hqs there. Judo, Swimming Raquetball, Futbol. Cycling Basketball etc etc etc...

So, what are you looking for??? Let me know, maybe I can help...

HB

Hi Hillbilly

I am having terrible trouble finding trainees for my new show (circus of dreams), I have posted in employment section and living asking for advice on where to find fit young people that maybe have some dance, gymnastic or martial arts backgrounds. I am aware that i will not find trapeze artists and such, but i am willing to spend time and money training people that i think would be a welcome addition to our show. We already have one very successful show and are working 7 days a week and can not meet demand from other hotels and resorts wanting our show, so i have purchased another trapeze and equipment but this means nothing without people.

I was hoping to contact sports centers and ask permission to advertise for staff there. I have advertised locally but without success and think i need to look further afield. Any advise you could give me would be welcomed.

Also i have created a thread in living section with regards to having base made for the second trapeze, I know you kindly replied but do you have any contacts that may be able to assist me further on this matter.

Thank you Hillbilly, You have been so kind and helpful in the past i feel slightly embarrased i am asking for you help once again. :eek:

Laura

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
well laurajane, if you speak spanish, i think is better that you go directly to centro olimpico. it is located in the intersection of ave. 27 de febrero and maximo gomez. if you go thru the main entrance in 27 de feb. the gymnastic building will be the first to your left. just in front of the basketball courts.
most of the athletes you will see there trainning, are part of the dominican gymnastic team that compite in international games. anyway, some of them are retired, or know somebody who is not actually in the team.
you can also try in the volleyball courts.
dont worry to call *462, you better go in person.
good luck
i know some people from the gym that are very fit. if you want pm me. and give you more inf.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Judo Pavillion is in back of the Swimming Pool, across the street from Ajedrez (Chess)

Gymnastics is there too and so is Karate and wrestling.

Go over there, and you will have no trouple finding people.

If you go to Judo, ask for Rafael Hernandez ("Rafelo"), he will help as much as anyone.

You can also call the federation at 809 561 6067. Ask if Alqu?medes Ortiz is there, and if not, Rafelo....

Best bet is to go there...

Rafelo can put you in touch with the folks over at Gymnastics..

HB

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
The Judo Pavillion is in back of the Swimming Pool, across the street from Ajedrez (Chess)

Gymnastics is there too and so is Karate and wrestling.

Go over there, and you will have no trouple finding people.

If you go to Judo, ask for Rafael Hernandez ("Rafelo"), he will help as much as anyone.

You can also call the federation at 809 561 6067. Ask if Alqu?medes Ortiz is there, and if not, Rafelo....

Best bet is to go there...

Rafelo can put you in touch with the folks over at Gymnastics..

HB

Thanks Hillbilly

I am going to make the trip in the next week or so, will let you know how i get on. Really appreciate your help on this one!

Laura :)