Where is the business area in SD?

Expat133

Aug 13, 2008
Just wondering what area is considered the business sector.

I just arrived in SD and currently staying in small hotel in Gascue.It seems a little inconvenient and expensive it is getting around in taxis and just trying to see the most convenient area yet reasonable rental prices if this is even possible.

Thanks in advance!

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
It depends on what kind of

business you're looking for, ie. if you're looking for the banks, big offices you have to go to the "main polygon" it's between churchill, tiradetes, jfk and 27th ave. Or if you're looking for something more informal, you can go to Villa consuelo area(I don't know the address)

nydr

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just wondering what area is considered the business sector.

I just arrived in SD and currently staying in small hotel in Gascue.It seems a little inconvenient and expensive it is getting around in taxis and just trying to see the most convenient area yet reasonable rental prices if this is even possible.

Thanks in advance!

What are you doing here?
What is your budget?
How long are you staying?
etc etc etc.

With a few more details, we'll be able to give you a better answer.

Rental prices for foreigners can be very different to those for locals. Right now we are in a middle of a project at DR1 based on renting here in SD and it has been VERY enlightening :)

Expat133

Aug 13, 2008
What are you doing here?
What is your budget?
How long are you staying?
etc etc etc.

With a few more details, we'll be able to give you a better answer.

Rental prices for foreigners can be very different to those for locals. Right now we are in a middle of a project at DR1 based on renting here in SD and it has been VERY enlightening :)

International Offshore Investment Advisor
One bedroom apartment is fine.Max Prefer $800/MTH yet it sounds like alot of rentals have the reners pay many of the utilities i.e. electricity,phone,internet etc.?
Could be here longterm unsure at this stage but definitely until the new year for starters.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's a renters market, you can negotiate. For US$800 you will find many places.
1 bedrooms are not so easy to find, the market is chock full of 2-3 bedroom places.

Are you looking for furnished?

As a renter, you will usually pay for utilities, this is normal.

The opportunity to make a killing on 1 price, all included apartments is huge right now in Santo Domingo. You can get great money, demand is high, but nobody is stepping up and doing it. Shame, I know from DR1 we could keep a couple full pretty much year round.

Short term rentals are expensive here, if your not going to be here longer than 12 months and sign a lease to that effect, then your options disappear rapidly.

Expat133

Aug 13, 2008
It's a renters market, you can negotiate. For US$800 you will find many places.
1 bedrooms are not so easy to find, the market is chock full of 2-3 bedroom places.

Are you looking for furnished?

As a renter, you will usually pay for utilities, this is normal.

The opportunity to make a killing on 1 price, all included apartments is huge right now in Santo Domingo. You can get great money, demand is high, but nobody is stepping up and doing it. Shame, I know from DR1 we could keep a couple full pretty much year round.

Short term rentals are expensive here, if your not going to be here longer than 12 months and sign a lease to that effect, then your options disappear rapidly.

Thanks for the speedy reply Robert. And yes i need furnished. As you say my needs equal the high demand you speak of.I have worked offshore in a fewdifferent cities in Latin America and quite surprised at the difficulty infinding this common fit. Any help or futher advice would be appreciated.
Also i see it gets quite expensive as you hit the JFK/fEBRERO 27/cHURCHILL/LINCOLN areas of which i assume is the business center. I am currently in a hotel in Gascue as recommended previous,but feel very out of place here, not alot of conveniences and feel uncomfortable walking around a night...It also looks like a car is mandatory here which i have yet to use previous as well, but taxis and transit seem very inconvenient.I guess this being said the higher rent area me sve alot on travel expenses,as i see clients in their offices.Again any other advice would be welcomed and appreciated..