Best Airline?

CarlaV11

Mar 25, 2008
I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the best (cheapest) airlines to fly with. I've been trying to find one because I'm planning on going back to the DR and I've always gotten good deals because i was either in a group or had a voucher... but that is not the case this time and i am having a really hard time finding a nice cheap airline. Thanks!

CarlaV11

Mar 25, 2008
Either Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto. which ever one is best. i flown from Toronto and Montreal already, Ottawa never seems to have flights to the DR and if they do they are way overpriced, even though that would be best since I only live about 2 hours away.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
You can try Westjet. They have some pretty low prices and they are now flying out of Toronto 3 times a week.

Also if you are willing to drive to Buffalo, you can try Jet Blue. Delta and American Airlines also have cheap flights.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
I think your best bet is crossing the US border and taking a flight on JetBlue from Buffalo to the DR (via JFK). The flights from Buffalo to Kennedy are frequent and you can choose between flying to Santiago, Santo Domingo, or Puerto Plata as they now have multiple flights daily to each DR destination. You will get great service on JetBlue! Brand new planes, very generous legroom, free drinks and snacks (alcohol for a fee) Personal TV in every seat with Free DirectTV and XM satellite radio (where the signal is available. As you fly away from the continental US you will lose the signal) You can also buy movies to watch on your tv for a small fee on all flights. They used to offer the movies for free on international flights since the US DirectTV signal will be lost during the flight, but now they charge the movie fee on the international flights too. Still, they have fantastic service overall and at a great price.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
oh, and if you're closer to Montreal you could drive to Burlington, VT as JetBlue flies there too.

irrrrrnal

Aug 8, 2006
cheap flights..

Just my two cents but, I've always found the company Fareconnect.com to have the best prices for AI or flights. The flights leave from Pearson or other points east or west. They are worth a look.
:+)