Just returned from my vacation in Sosua.

adiaz43

Jul 28, 2008
I needed a break from the financial crises in the US so i decided to spend the weekend in Sosua, RD. My girlfriend and I stayed at Casa Marina beach. I have previously visited this hotel but on the reef side which is much much nicer and closer to everything. Prior to the flight I kept checking the weather report and the forecast was scattered thunderstorms all 5 days I was going to be there (Sept 26 - Sept 30). I did not let this stop me. I arrived via POP (my previous visited have been via STI). Since the last time I arrived via POP, this airport seems to be rotting. It is in need of renovation.

Casa Marina was okay for the price. However the first room they gave us was dirty and smelly. I immediately requested a room change which they honored. I was happy with the new room. Food in the hotel was average. About the same selection everyday. Pools were nice. Beach was great. Weather was great. Staff was friendly. Can say much about the night shows since I never went to them.

During my time in the DR I also visited Santiago to see a few relatives. The road was nice and easy to navigate. We stopped at the parada by the tunnel to eat and slap the million flies flying around.

Overall the trip was great. Got the much needed break from life in Wall Street. The weather channel was wrong and weather was beautiful in the DR. I wish I was still there!!!! :cheeky: I am going back in February but will probably stay at Playa Dorada.

Mar 2, 2008
"Since the last time I arrived via POP, this airport seems to be rotting. It is in need of renovation."

Did you notice that POP is currently undergoing extensive renovations? Could it be those renovations that you mistook for the "rotting" conditions?

They have been working on a number of improvements for the past year or so.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Glad to see you had a good time. I am heading out to Sosua in February after a few days in Santiago. I have stopped at that parada by the tunnel several times. Very nice Puerto Rican family owns and runs it.