single traveller, first time to DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

angela39

Oct 12, 2008
Hello

I have booked to stay at the Casa Marina Reef next June and would like any information anyone can offer. It is my first time to DR so not sure what to expect.
I am looking for a fun relaxing holiday, I don't need super luxurious rooms (I don't spend that much time in there). As long as people are friendly I will be ok.
Also I am unsure about money, I want to go on a few trips and by a couple of treats for myself;) I will be there for 2 weeks so a rough idea of spending money will help loads.

Thanks

Angela

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Hello

I have booked to stay at the Casa Marina Reef next June and would like any information anyone can offer. It is my first time to DR so not sure what to expect.
I am looking for a fun relaxing holiday, I don't need super luxurious rooms (I don't spend that much time in there). As long as people are friendly I will be ok.
Also I am unsure about money, I want to go on a few trips and by a couple of treats for myself;) I will be there for 2 weeks so a rough idea of spending money will help loads.

Thanks

Angela

NEXT JUNE ??!! Kidding?! Nine months from now? Any super-duper deal?

You will be OK in CM. Good place. Two good beaches. Decent food. Good neighbourhood. It is AI, so not much extra argent is needed. Take $150-$200 in tens and twenties with you and ATM/Credit card (just in case).

June is a bit hot, but you`ll have a very good time for sure.
HH!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Hello

Thanks

Angela

Make your first stop out side of your AI to Rocky's for breakfast, there you'll find many ex-pats and english speaking locals to point you in the right direction.

Easy walking distance from where you are staying.

Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Nothing against 2 previous posters but we really don't know what Angela is looking for or, indeed, what currency she is working in - not all visitors to the DR are from the US or Canada, you know - is there not another world beyond?

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Single visitor

Certainly is Whirley!

Perhaps this poster would like to go out for a girlie get together?

PM for more info Angela39

Kind ones

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Nothing against 2 previous posters but we really don't know what Angela is looking for or, indeed, what currency she is working in - not all visitors to the DR are from the US or Canada, you know - is there not another world beyond?

No offence taken, but it's self evident that she is fluent in English! DUH!!!

I?ll stand by the advice I gave her! I only sugested to her where she may be able to get advice as to things to do!!!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
No offence taken, but it's self evident that she is fluent in English! DUH!!!

I?ll stand by the advice I gave her! I only sugested to her where she may be able to get advice as to things to do!!!!

Errrrr okay, no offence was intended and, if necessary, I will accompany the young lady to Rocky's for breakfast - can't think of a better start to a day in Sosua.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Errrrr okay, no offence was intended and, if necessary, I will accompany the young lady to Rocky's for breakfast - can't think of a better start to a day in Sosua.

EXCUSEME!! With all respect, I responded before you. So please let us be civilized and keep the same order in accompanying her to Rocky`s or wherever!

angela39

Oct 12, 2008
WOW what a fantastic and friendly response from everyone. A big THANK YOU xx

I am from England and I do enjoy a relaxing holiday with some good trips to see the country I'm in.

I will PM people about a get together, thank you all for the offers.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
WOW what a fantastic and friendly response from everyone. A big THANK YOU xx

I am from England and I do enjoy a relaxing holiday with some good trips to see the country I'm in.

I will PM people about a get together, thank you all for the offers.

Cool!

When PMing please do not forget who responded the first!!

:pirate:

angela39

Oct 12, 2008
AK74 I wont forget all you friendly people;) Maybe we can all meet up and go to Rocky's.

Even though I love traveling alone I do enjoy meeting new friends. So any excuse for a get together:cheeky:

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
AK74 I wont forget all you friendly people;) Maybe we can all meet up and go to Rocky's.

Even though I love traveling alone I do enjoy meeting new friends. So any excuse for a get together:cheeky:

It is even more than I could dream of!

Strating counting days left before June 2009 right now. This particular moment!
:pirate:

angela39

Oct 12, 2008
Yep, I keep thinking that once christmas is over I will be able to start thinking about packing, (only joking) start that after valentines day haha.

I never got away this year and last years holiday was a bit rubbish. So Yes I am very excited.

I have never traveled so far away, so I'm looking forward to something new.

Angela x

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Perhaps it is relevant for Angela39 to note that both myself and Grandma Jen were offering female company!!

angela39

Oct 12, 2008
WhirleyBird sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I did realise what you both offering and never thought anything else

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.