Purchasing used vehicle in DR

Expat133

Aug 13, 2008
Looking for advice on a non resident purchasing a used vehicle in SD.

Its impossible to get arond in this spread out city without.

What is the minimum requirements to have a car legal on the road, and then what is the average cost for insurance as well and what would one recommend on that behalf.

Also if anyone has a line on a reliable fuel economic vehicle please let me know.
As i do not know how long i will be here I would like to keep the price around the 3000-4000usd max price, lower would even be better if possible.

Thanks in advance

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Looking for advice on a non resident purchasing a used vehicle in SD.

Its impossible to get arond in this spread out city without.

What is the minimum requirements to have a car legal on the road, and then what is the average cost for insurance as well and what would one recommend on that behalf.

Also if anyone has a line on a reliable fuel economic vehicle please let me know.
As i do not know how long i will be here I would like to keep the price around the 3000-4000usd max price, lower would even be better if possible.

Thanks in advance

Something to keep in mind. Automobiles here generally cost twice what they do in the United States (assuming that is where you are from). This seems to hold true even for used cars.

Check out SuperCarros.com - compra de carros, venta de vehiculos - super-carros.com for current pricing on a ton of cars.

For example, a 2002 Lariat Ford F150 will run you around $20K USD here vs. $9K in the US.

So a car here in the $3000-4000 price range you mentioned would be similar to a $1500-2000 car in the US. It might be a tad rusty...