Underwater pictures

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Pictures from recent dives for those interested. I have decided not to hijack Keith R's Green Team blog so I'm posting some of my images here. All from the south coast no mention of coordinates and depth.

No copyright violations here since these photos are all copyrighted by myself and I'm giving DR1 the right to use them.

2942419382_0089620d9b.jpg

2942419396_e259d7d98b.jpg

Southern Stingray - couldn't get any closer.

2941546441_79aea787c9.jpg

Gray Angelfish - poor visibility after the rain we had.

2942383578_7bc8777ee3.jpg

Brain Coral.

2942383566_d6a5da19ab.jpg

2941519261_9b0367e655.jpg

All sort of corals and sponges.

2941519257_9531923be2.jpg

Another coral mix.

2941519243_429cbaa824.jpg

Fat lobster - it's still there (I think), didn't catch it.

2941679829_3abcee8bfb.jpg

Cluster of Brown Ropesponges.

Copyrighted material, do not steal.

Reactions: Lapurr

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
WOW...These pictures are superb !! just awesome!! Have you tried the disposable digital underwater cameras? seeing the quality of your pictures i'm sure that's not what you used!! but i'd like to buy one, i just hope it takes a decent pic!

thanks for sharing those are great!! That stingray, holy crap!!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Pictures from recent dives for those interested. I have decided not to hijack Keith R's Green Team blog so I'm posting some of my images here. All from the south coast no mention of coordinates and depth.

No copyright violations here since these photos are all copyrighted by myself and I'm giving DR1 the right to use them.

Where is the best scuba diving on the north coast? I live in Cabrera and am finally bringing my gear down from the US. I know the Sosua dive operations so I'm sure they have an opinion but are there any 'non-commercial' divers out here who have an opinion?​

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Thor, thanks for sharing more great pictures. It wouldn't be a problem at all to put them on the Green Team blog, not hijacking by any means. The audiences for the DR1 Environment Forum and the GT blog are a bit different.

But it's fine by me either way, since I like people to see what beauty the DR has that's worth protecting. Which is why I'll repeat my earlier plea for DR1ers to share their images of the DR's natural resource wonders as well as its environmental problems to help others better understand why we at the Green Team have as our motto: "The Dominican Republic -- yours, mine, ours -- care for it!"

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Have you tried the disposable digital underwater cameras? seeing the quality of your pictures I'm sure that's not what you used!! but i'd like to buy one, i just hope it takes a decent pic!
thanks for sharing those are great!! That stingray, holy crap!!

No it's not a disposable, you wouldn't get these pics with any of those. You need a strobe (flash) at least one. Ambient light is not good enough, colors disappear with depth and everything becomes green, or gray, and a plastic housing would break on the way down to some of these reefs (I'm not mentioning depth SCUBA police may be watching and taking notes:devious::devious:!!!). The Stingray was close to 4 ft.

Where is the best scuba diving on the north coast? I live in Cabrera and am finally bringing my gear down from the US. I know the Sosua dive operations so I'm sure they have an opinion but are there any 'non-commercial' divers out here who have an opinion?

I'm not going to say what I don't like (trying to be diplomatic today) cause I will get the local dive shops on my back telling the entire world I have no clue:devious::devious:!! BUT I like Las Terrenas (my favourite road in the country is between Sanches and LT), and I like the south coast since that's where I spend most of my time when I'm in the DR. The "problem" is all the local diveshops will take you to the same reefs (more or less) so unless you have your own setup you will go to the same sites again and again, but the classics Isla Saona and Isla Catalina are not bad.

Thor, thanks for sharing more great pictures. It wouldn't be a problem at all to put them on the Green Team blog, not hijacking by any means. The audiences for the DR1 Environment Forum and the GT blog are a bit different.

Hi Keith

I just gave you a break, I thought perhaps someone else should get a chance to post some pics on the blog.

Cheerios