Kid's Activities

kdewayne1

Feb 17, 2002
I am looking for suggestions on places to take my kids in Santo Domingo. Any help is greatly appreciated .

Thanks

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
How old are the kids? I have two that are 11 and 8 and they love to go to Aqua Splash, a water park. Up the block from Aqua Splash is the Aquarium. There is always the Beach at Boca Chica or A little further away Juan Dolio. My advise go to Juan Dolio. Nicer beach and alot less hassle. A trip around the Colonial Zone is also a nice day trip. Have fun.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It really depends on their ages and interests, but:

Several museums at Plaza de la Cultura (on M?ximo Gomez between Mexico and Cesar Nicolas Pens?n Avenues) including the Natural History museum.
The children's museum "Trampol?n" in the Colonial Zone - on Calle Las Damas. The ruins and Ozama fort in the Colonial Zone are also fun to visit, as is Plaza Espa?a and the old city walls.
There is an amusement park at Megacentro in the Oriental Zone.
Parque Mirador Sur - enormous park with some children's play areas like Las Canqui?as near the intersection between Italia and Anacaona Avenues. Other small Canqui?as adventure playgrounds in different locations around the city. Parque Mirador Sur also has skateboarding ramps. Great generally for cycling, rollerblading, picnics, ballgames, etc.
The Zoo, the Botanical Gardens and the Acuario Nacional.
The Feria Ganadera (on the Malec?n near the Nu?ez de Caceres intersection) has horse riding and farm animals behind the market area.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
It all depends on what your children like. Mine love the Plaza de la Cultura. Plus they can run around in the park outside when they get fed up of the museums.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
They are 7 ,5 ,and 3. Thanks for the input it is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aqua Splash is a big hit with the children, when I asked my employees what should I do as far as perks, bonuses and just to create a great work environment goes that was the general consensus.

Although I am to big for this activitiy, it never stops the child in me to promote and give such fun whenever it's available.

Last edited: