Wanted: P/T Group Motorcycle Lead Rider

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
MotoCaribe is expanding into 4-day and 1-day motorcycle tours. My partner is the lead rider for most tours to date, but can't make it down for the expanded schedule.

The position amd tours start in Jarabacoa. Don't have to live here, and housing can be provided when here. The bikes are 2008 Suzuki V-Strom DL650's.

We're looking for someone with the following qualifications:
-experienced motorcycle rider, preferably with DR experience, on a variety of bikes
-MSF certified preferred
-experience in group riding techniques, preferrably as lead
-English/Spanish bi-lingual (but German is also great!)
-varied availability
-knowledge of DR roads, traffic patterns, and culture
-DR resident preferred
-upbeat personaly

Could be a really interesting part time job for the right person. I'd do it myself, but I'll be driving the 15-passenger van pulling a 14' trailer.

Drop me a note with your experience and phone. Let's chat.

English: MotoCaribe Website
Spanish: Spanish MotoCaribe Website

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Me too, Why not let me drive the bus and trailer and you lead?
Now THAT's a thought.

The van is a big, brawny 15 passenger Ford E350 with a 5.4l V-8. The trailer is a full 14'x7', 12" wider than the van (we should imported a 12'x6' instead, too late now unless somebody wants to buy this one).

I've been pulling big trailers my whole life. The thought of the typical Dominican driving that rig skeezes me out.

Now a cop doing it? Might work...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I'll take the position if you are willing to teach me how to ride a motorcycle.

:bunny:
No prob. Get 10+ years and 50,000 riding miles experience on all road types in all conditions, and we will chat...;)

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
Would be a fun gig if I was living here full time + I wouldn't have to pay to ride;)

Driving the van wouldn't be bad either as I am used to towing a 30+ foot boat around in my f-350 dually.

Good luck finding a candidate and looking forward to riding with your group soon.

IMG_0981.jpg

Reactions: cobraboy