Dance clubs in the DR

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I am not an authority - but I would like to become one - on the best dance clubs.

Saw this article and Guacara Taina, Santo Dominigo, come in at #5 in the world:

" Guacara Taina occupies the fifth position in the list of the most popular nightclubs in the world. Located in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic, Guacara Taina is actually a cave and it is one of the oldest clubs in the world. The intimacy of the setting, located at several meters underground, offers great fun to anybody!"

Top 10 - The Most Famous Night Clubs in the World | Holiday

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I used the article as a jumping off point. This club is number 5 in the world........ so what clubs here make our Best of List???

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
?

I am not an authority - but I would like to become one - on the best dance clubs.

Saw this article and Guacara Taina, Santo Dominigo, come in at #5 in the world:

" Guacara Taina occupies the fifth position in the list of the most popular nightclubs in the world. Located in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic, Guacara Taina is actually a cave and it is one of the oldest clubs in the world. The intimacy of the setting, located at several meters underground, offers great fun to anybody!"

Top 10 - The Most Famous Night Clubs in the World | Holiday

I guess the person who wrote this article has obviously never been to the "Wuacala" Taina. It's a good place to see, but the Guacara's time has passed. It's a place where tecatos and cueros frequent. Not really the "coolest" or best place to hang out at. It looks cool and worth going to at least once, but honestly, 5th best in the world? The music isn't that good and the atmosphere is some what shady. Yes, some international DJ's have frequented the spot, but most SD won't be caught dead at the GT.

Plus there are a million other places to go to in Santo Domingo. I can't remember the last time the GT was relevant.

Mr. Lu

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Mr. Lu - I've not actually been there so good to get your feedback. Where would you say is the best club in SD?

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Hey Planner,

It's tough to say which is the "best" club in SD. I guess it all depends on what you want. I don't too many clubs in SD just cause they are BORING! The jevito vibe is blah and the other side of the city s fun, its just too far for me. Anyways, it all depends on what you want. Urban, underground, latin dance, rave, chill etc etc. Once you have pointed to what it is you want then you can go about deciding what you are looking for...

The other thing with clubs in SD is that they are here today and gone manana. So saying this club is the best is tough. I mean look at Lof and Praia...

Be back after a min...

Mr. Lu

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Wow, so this article, just posted, is already out of date......

Mr. Lu I am into salsa dancing so on a personal level that is what I am looking for. But when I travel I am always open to new experiences, I will check out any club once.....

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
That list doesn't seem correct...I may be wrong, but...I thought the largest club in the world was club La Vela in Panama City (Maybe is just the largest in The US...)

The list says that number two is the only club in the world where the party takes place in the open air...Heck we got some places in Cotui that are open air...lol

Planner: For Salsa go to clubs in Los Minas / Avenida Venezuela area (i.e. El Aguila...not sure if it's still going on)

Agree about Guacara Taina being kind of outdated / past its prime.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
That list doesn't seem correct...I may be wrong, but...I thought the largest club in the world was club La Vela in Panama City (Maybe is just the largest in The US...)

The list says that number two is the only club in the world where the party takes place in the open air...Heck we got some places in Cotui that are open air...lol

Planner: For Salsa go to clubs in Los Minas / Avenida Venezuela area (i.e. El Aguila...not sure if it's still going on)

Agree about Guacara Taina being kind of outdated / past its prime.

Suarezn - article didn't say biggest - said best........ of course that is always subjective....

Thanks for the salsa clubs - next trip to SD - I will have to check them out.