Liquidation due to medical issues...

cookiez

Oct 16, 2008
Hello, and Thank You in advance for any advice you can give me.

Lets say that an employee has developed a medical condition that may have been caused by their job, and they are no longer able to fullfill their duties, is that employee entiltled to any type of liquidation if they can no longer work there? Also if a special type of glare filter or headset is requested by an employee due to med. condition, is it the employers responsibility to provide these items or does the employee have to purchase on their own dime? Response is appriciated. Thanks!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If you were working for an employer and you developed a medical condition that most likely was developed because of your job wouldn't you expect compensation or pension. Under the Dominican Labour code you need to provide your workers a safe working environment. In my opinion your employees case would probably (I don't know the details) fall into this category, but more important what do you think the Dominican Labour ministry would decide. What about your morale obligation?

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
You should be covered by the Dominican Social Security system established by Law No. 87-01 and obtain a pension for incapacity. If your employer did not register you for it, then he/she is personally liable.

This is one of great disadvantages of not registering your employees: in case of an accident, illness, etc., the employer is liable.