Baby Milk Through Punta Cana Airport

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Hi

Has anybody had any recent experience of taking Baby milk/Powder through Punta Cana Airport.

We have a four month baby girl. The outward bound trip was ok as we purchased milk cartons in the departure lounge in the uk for the return trip aswell. My concern is customs will not let the 250ml cartons through.

Cheers

Whiskylee

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I have NEVER been checked for liquids or seen anyone being checked for them when leaving the DR. Including just after the ban....It's not on their priority list ;)

You will have no problems taking powdered milk.

But my last 2 times going out of Punta Cana airport, as recently as last Sunday there are signs that say NO Liquids and many people were lined up prior to security drinking down their beers. Security is not allowing any liquids in carry on luggage.

Once through you can purchase liquids inside.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
baby milk is an exception in the liquids rule.

and they are NOT ALLOWED to ask you to taste it or anything. i think though that you can not bring more than two NINE ounce bottles (not sure, my son was breastfed and i took frozen breastmilk and the men who checked me through i think were kinda grossed out, so i didn't get the whole set of rules)

you can find out on any airline webpage.