Sosua Beache open at night ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i was reading sosua news about sosua beach being open at night and wondered people's feelings on this issue. good/bad ? cost effective ? safe/dangerous ?

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
Is this something new that has just been announced? When we were down there in late August the beach either was not open or it was at least strongly suggested to us that it would be a very bad idea to go there at night. We would LOVE to be able to stroll along there at night and if some of the small bars were open all the better.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
I agree that it would be nice if there were a couple of bars open down there at night. The beach is nice during the day and at night it is enjoyable too.

I have been down there a few times at night and I have always thought that there should be a few places open for a quick cerveza or two.

Cheers

Sammy

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
if there are plenty of people about it should be no more dangerous than during the day..providing they have plenty of light to light up ones dark crevaces

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
My understanding is ( and it only comes from speaking to 2 bar owners there ) is that "they" want to open it and try to make it a bit more like Cab.
BUT - lets be honest - the bars on Sosua beach are not really geared up for night time quality dining. There would be working girls down there as it would not be possible to light it properley and i think the area would become a very down market version of Cab. Ie - dodgy bars, working girls doing business in the allys behind the bars and it would be dangerous as you could not make it secure. Far to easy to get into trouble i would imagine.

Nice idea though - just cant see it happening.

Sep 19, 2005
I am sure the bar owners up in town would object to the beach bars being open at night. So much so that SOMEONE would listen......

I think the town(night business) would suffer if you took a large portion of the foot traffic in town at night down to the beach!!!

plus imagine all the Coney Island Whitefish that would be washing up on the beach, come morning!!!!!!!!:ninja:

bad bob

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I am sure the bar owners up in town would object to the beach bars being open at night. So much so that SOMEONE would listen......

I think the town(night business) would suffer if you took a large portion of the foot traffic in town at night down to the beach!!!

plus imagine all the Coney Island Whitefish that would be washing up on the beach, come morning!!!!!!!!:ninja:

bad bob

Yes, that was very bad... I was eating my lunch. The sad part is, is that it would be true. And that would be impossible to enforce.

In all my trips I have never hit the beach at night - been told it's not a wise idea. But if there is business to be had, why not? You would need some police presence, just like you have in town at nite. And maybe a few more lites. I think it would be a great idea.

If Classicos, Merengue, Seacrits, Latinos, Cigar Bar, Shark Bar, Sosua Life, Pluto's etc etc. don't like it - they too can buy a stall on the beach, hire some cute chicas, and hand out coupons to get the people to hit their up-town spots when the patrons start leaving the beach for the nite. They could be little "satelite discos".

Are the businesses on the beach "restricted" from staying open - or is it just common practice?

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
I believe it is simply common practice, not necessarily "restricted". I have seen a small bar or two open later than all the surrounding places where locals seem to gather in the evening to play Dominos and/or have a beer or two...

It also seems to be somewhat popular for local guys/gals to go there at night for a swim (skinnydipping)...

I've been down there on a number of occasions at night, it is a great place to "get away" if you need some "quiet time" to yourself, you can just sit on the beach and listen to the waves, or perhaps even perch yourself in the lifeguard shacks. It is very peaceful.

I would not say it is dangerous in any way, at least no more so than any other place in Sosua...although it is quite dark. The only drawback I've ever run into down there is the fact that because there are not many people around, the rats seem quite a bit more active along the beach than you would notice in the daytime. All in all however I think it's a great place to go if you're "in the mood" but it would be nice to have someplace to grab a drink and/or something to eat down there also...I always thought it strange that Caberete is so active at night and Sosua the exact opposite.

...just my 2 cent observations.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
My favorite time to go the beach is in the evening. I usually go after 6:00 Pm. I been there around 8:00 Pm and never had a problem. So, I think that it's a good idea to keep it open late as long as there are some mores lights.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
with all the innovative technologies i've seen in the DR, lights shouldn't be a problem. without lights the main problem would be to not step on those Coney Island Whitefish while you're walking around in the dark barefoot. squish squish !! :ermm:

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
Please ,please , please, DON'T?
The only reason why i am moving to Sosua ,is because it's a small quiet place. If one is looking for night life at the beach why don't they go to Cabarete or P-O-P?
I will reather keep the beach night life for local Vs all the tourist whos passing by for few days?SOME SECRETS HAS TO KEEP SECRET? When you open the gate you might not be able to close it. People with money might take adventage of the spot and change it as Miami beach?
I LOVE SOSUA VERY , VERY MUCH ,AND WOULD LIKE TO PROTECT IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. IT'S A BEAUTIFULL TOWN! Keep it simple?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
The only reason why i am moving to Sosua ,is because it's a small quiet place. If one is looking for night life at the beach why don't they go to Cabarete or P-O-P?
People with money might take adventage of the spot and change it as Miami beach?
I LOVE SOSUA VERY , VERY MUCH ,AND WOULD LIKE TO PROTECT IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. IT'S A BEAUTIFULL TOWN! Keep it simple?

I doubt a few extra lites on the beach will turn Sosua into Miami Beach. Why not let the beach vendors make a few extra pesos?

Change happens.... You gotta roll with it.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
I will reather keep the beach night life for local Vs all the tourist whos passing by for few days?SOME SECRETS HAS TO KEEP SECRET? When you open the gate you might not be able to close it. People with money might take adventage of the spot and change it as Miami beach?

When was the last time you were in Sosua because there is nothing quiet about Sosua...small yes? I believe Miami Beach is a lot safest than Sosua.

Don?t you worry I think it will take a while for Sosua to turn in Miami Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.