Amet /Lesh

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Welll
Guys I have to be honest I broke the law...was not wearing a seatbelt in la Circumvalacion...I ll pay the fine.
Now lets talk about the Amet work...
unlike others I was please to see that some traffic violations are enforce...we seem to be moving forward.
In my opinion AMET seem to be heading in the right direction..even though they are missing lots of tools to make their job better and become a new source of income for the state.
I saw a few irregularities and things that jsut blew my mind.
1. conchos are exempt from the seatbelt rule.
2.AMET get to be selective on who they stop and on what grounds. you can commit a violation in front of them and if they are not in the mood to work will not follow up.
3. Citizens dont respect them.. I have never seem people fight back with police..but they do with AMET
4 I would like to make this thread about the good and the bad things about our cities roads and the authority responsible for insuring that we all are safe o nthe road.

What up with the TAPONES THE aMET MAKE WHILE ON THE JOB!

can some one tell us what the Lesh means..i hear it on the radio the other day..calling AMET lesh...

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
I agree with you on the part that about them not wanting to do their job sometimes, there is a traffic light near my house and there?s always an amet agent there but sometime truck drives and conchos don?t stop at the light, well I get on their faces (amet) and make them go after or just simply radio the next amet agent on the same road.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
If you have some evidence we can get that amet agent reprimanded for negligence do his/her job. I would be nice if you care to give a formal compliant with AMET public relations...
Ill try to post the number for the CIbao/North Cost number.
His name is Bonilla. he is also a Reporter...not military.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Can some one post the law that regulatins trafic and all its violations..
I was told by an amet that thier is a law the allows conchos to not follow all the regulars rules we private citizens need to ...
Help from the legals minds that read this...
lets shed some light to the subject.
Albin

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Can some one post the law that regulatins trafic and all its violations..
I was told by an amet that thier is a law the allows conchos to not follow all the regulars rules we private citizens need to ...
Help from the legals minds that read this...
lets shed some light to the subject.
Albin

AFAIK, that AMET was talking out his rear! The traffic law is *suppose* to be applied to conchos just the same!

Here is a link to traffic law #241 in PDF
http://www.amet.gov.do/LEY241/LEY241.pdf

NotLurking

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
IMO, Law 241 is a joke. SO many ppl break that law that it's laughable when an AMET stops anyone. They should stop a LOT of ppl. They should provoke fear in the driver, when the driver sees them. Right now they're just laughing stock, and everyone knows they're not doing a job: they're just trying to keep their job.

Law 241 outlaws public cars as they are. What is the government doing about that?

Law 241 is a nice read, and as a driver I try to respect those laws as best as I can... but if I drive the way I'm supposed to (especially giving right of way at intersections) I will never get to my destination. Just about the only thing I still do even though ppl take advantage is stopping at a green light if I can't advance past the intersection. Drives ppl behind me nuts, but I feel great LOL.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
LLLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL
Men this Amet just make me want to get on Jet blue and head back to USA.
So today around 5:15pm. Argentina con Sadhalad. One AMET on Duty and the biggest types of violations by conchoes.
With a traffic jam ton a yellow light going forward to block the intersection just to be on the other side of the traffic light, mean while the Ament is drinking a bottle of water under neath una mata cojiendo sombra....
So I scream to the poor flaco ..hey ponte en lo tuyo and he just He looked at me like **** off and started walking away form the intersection....
To Lic. Pichardo please make sure they are at least doing a fair job if you want civil drivers to respect the uniform.
Moderator can I post pictures of AMET when they are nto doing their job?