Real Estate Lawyer: Bavaro

stumeis

Sep 11, 2008
Can anybody recommend a good real estate lawyer in the Bavaro area. I currently have a lawyer handling a purchase but I'm having serious doubts about her. I'm also having serious concerns about the professionalism and integrity of the real estate agent so I would like further advice.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Can anybody recommend a good real estate lawyer in the Bavaro area. I currently have a lawyer handling a purchase but I'm having serious doubts about her. I'm also having serious concerns about the professionalism and integrity of the real estate agent so I would like further advice.

You should speak to Christoph Sieger at Guzman Ariza.
Many DR1 posters have used him in Bavaro, he's a partner in
Fabio Guzman's firm.

Christoph Sieger, Members Lawyers Guzman Ariza

Contact details:
Palma Real Shopping Village Business Center, Suites 8, 9 and 10, Second Floor, Punta Cana, La Altagracia.
Tel: (809) 552-8900
Fax: (809) 552-8899
E-mail: info@drlawyer.com

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right,
always run with a reputable lawfirm like Ariza GUZMAN in case of properties/real estate.
never trust the real estate agent alone, they are salespersons looking for the highest profit. i do not say that real estate agents are non trustable persons basically, but by experience of many friends during my 13 years in PC i could not name more than one or two who i would really trust.
welcome to PC
Mike

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Guzman, Ariza ?!

Dr. Sieger is definitely, in my opinion, one of the top real estate lawyers in DR! Unfortunately, probably due to his busy schedule,
(He seems very much in demand...) Your case will be delegated to one of his assisting attorneys. Now, I have personal knowledge that Dr. Siegel tries to review all cases involving his office. But at the end , you might end up paying for a first class lawyer but wont necessarily get first class services...
I have had several experiences with lawyers and law firms in the DR. Recently I choose to switch to Guzman, Ariza. I was under the impression that like Christopher Colombus, I had discovered "America"! Sadly, I have a pending case with a land purchase in Cap Cana, I regret to say, that things have not been going as smoothly as my previous endeavors with Guzman.
Before I post any further comments on this forum and make my conclusions. I will wait for my next correspondences with them. All I can say for now, is that the jury is still pending on this one.
Because of the nature of the relationship between this forum and the law office in question. My post may be deleted... I hope the OP gets a chance to read this before.
This is not necessarily a negative comment, just the usual caution warning as with dealing any type of business in the DR.

Positives:
Lawyers at Guzman speak perfect english and are very well accustomed to international clients.
Fare prices (not cheap....)
Representation all over the country

Negatives:
Do not return calls
Take at least one day before responding to simple emails.
Very impersonal and cold (London type law firm).
At any giving time expect that your file may be switch to another lawyer in the firm.

Generally speaking I would rate there service as "Good".
I am presently opening up an office in the Free trade zone and trying out Russin,Becchi & Heredia Bonetti http://www.rvhblaw.com
So far there services have been "Excellent"!

Good luck!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
such does sure not get deleted IluvDr,
it is your real and personal experiences you are writing about,
and that's exactly what we wanna read on a bord.
good luck with your Cap Cana property.
lot of sh.. going on there now,
and the nov 3rd deadline is closing in.
happy weekend
Mike

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
iluvdr1

Thanks Rob, I almost want to change my nick to Iluvdr1! ;)
I have been staying away from the forum over the recent years by fear of being boycotter. I guess I have been wrong!
I am happy to share my experiences with others.... Dr1.com has been an important tool in helping me establish myself in the DR.
Hopefully Dr. Guzman will take note of my observations and will continue improving what I still consider to be a "Good" service.
As for the OP , he is free to make up his own mind....
Thanks again guys for being "Honest" and "Fair"!

Reactions: MikeFisher

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
iluvdr:

You don't realize how much I appreciate your comments.

Even though I'm not seeing clients anymore, I'm still very much involved in the firm overseeing case strategy and, specially, ensuring that quality standards and office manual procedures are followed. After all, it?s my personal name that is on the line.

Our office manual mandates that every client be provided with an engagement letter detailing, among other issues, the work to be done, the fees to be paid (and reimbursed in case of cancellation of the agreement), and our e-mail and voice mail policy. In this last regard, the template reads as follows:

?Finally, in order to make communication with our clients as smooth as possible, we have set the following guidelines for all our staff. E-mails will be answered within one business day. For example, an email received on Monday will be answered, at the latest, on Tuesday; an e-mail received on Friday will be answered, at the latest, on Monday. In case of an emergency, please use the phone, DO NOT SEND AN E-MAIL. Phone calls will be returned the same day, if received before 2:00 p.m., or the next morning if received after 2:00 p.m. In case of an emergency, please advise our operator of the nature of the call, and you will be attended to immediately by one of our attorneys. We urge you to write us at complaints@drlawyer.com if you find that a member of our staff is not following these rules.?

Please let me know, first, if you were given or sent an engagement letter, and second, who it was who didn?t return your call. I can assure it won?t happen again. Also, please provide me with as much detail about your file as possible, including who the cold and impersonal ?London types? are, and how the switches occurred. You can write me at complaints@drlawyer.com since I personally receive all e-mails sent there.

Thanks again for your comments. We at Guzm?n Ariza will never be perfect, but we sure will keep trying.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Sr Guzman took note of the posting/case,
and i have to say i like the way.
including the company's policy.
in every business sometimes things may go 'wrong',
but the way such will be handled make it a good service.
send your case's details to the e-mail provided by Sr Guzman
and keep us informed about the outcome.
Mike

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
From my personal experiences with Guzman over the past eight years, I can tell you the good very much outweighs the bad. Every organization has problems, particularly those companies who use those human critters. But any time I have had a problem and have expressed it to them a resolution has been proposed that is both reasonable and fair.

I've purchased or processed over $15,000,000 USD worth of property through Guzman Ariza without a single problem of magnitude. I highly recommend them to anyone seeking the very best in real estate law.

I will note that I am not compensated by Guzman nor do I expect a reduction in rates :). They are just extremely good and I enjoy sending friends, relatives and clients to them.