Blue Amber ?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Wow!!

I just came across this now?
After several trips, and a lot of window shopping, why haven?t I seen this before in the DR jewelry shops?

Is this stone just now becoming popular? or has it been around for ages and just hasn?t caught my eye!!

it's remarkable! I didn?t even know there was such a thing!!

irrrrrnal

Aug 8, 2006
It's very pretty and very hard to find! I seen it in Santo Domingo last summer. There are fakes out there and the way to make sure it's real( as told to me by the person who had it) is to put it under a "a ultraviolet blue light"...the ones they use to check for counterfit $$$$. If it's a cloudy colour then it's real.
I also believe that it's very hard to work with hence why it's more money.
I'm picking some up on my next trip for sure.
:bunny:

Last edited:

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
It's very pretty and very hard to find! I seen it in Santo Domingo last summer. There are fakes out there and the way to make sure it's real( as told to me by the person who had it) is to put it under a "a ultraviolet blue light"...the ones they use to check for counterfit $$$$. If it's a cloudy colour then it's real.
I also believe that it's very hard to work with hence why it's more money.
I'm picking some up on my next trip for sure.
:bunny:

See what Wiki says about it

Blue amber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It can only be found in the Mountain ranges around Santiago, so the Blue Amber is Santiguesas.

Last edited:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Thanks you guys for the info!! I guess it is really rare, and mucho expensive from what I can see on ebay!! but still a nice pendant would be cool!! I also did a search on here, and came up with some great info!!

it would definitely have to be a reputable source if anyone makes a purchase..

Reactions: AnnaC