Tampa Bay all the way?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So now that Boston has been disposed of:)laugh:), who is going to win the World Series? Will it be Tampa Bay all the way?

How many Dominicans are on the two teams playing, anybody know?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Former (Devil) Rays season ticket holder here.

Nice to see the Home Team in the series.

Go Rays!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Who are the three Rays from the DR?
Aybar from Bani
Pena from SDQ
Who else?

There is no one else. Juan Salas, a pitcher was on the roster for awhile, but he is not on the active roster for the Series.

angelas

Oct 19, 2008
True, he is not on the active but he is still on the 40 man roster. He can still celebrate as one. I would guess! As they say been there, done that! Not me of course! :)

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Rays in 6 games!!!

So now that Boston has been disposed of:)laugh:), who is going to win the World Series? Will it be Tampa Bay all the way?

How many Dominicans are on the two teams playing, anybody know?

As a die hard bosox fan for over 35 yrs, I have to say the Rays showed that they deserved not only winning the east, but the AL Championship. Which in my opinion is the hardest 2 flags to fly from a baseball season. The World Series is just a show, and usually the team that has the best pitching wins it all. So I like the Rays to add another flag in 6 games.............................

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
no real reason...but i am sorta rooting for philly after the rays defeated the sox. Only because philly is sorta in the neighborhood. Eh...i am sorta indifferent...even tho the ray's catcher shares my last name! I still cant belive the sox came back after that 7-0 deficite.

They really need some young blood tho. Love big papi...but he is looking old and slow. Just MHO.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Even though I have family in Philly I can't really stand that town. I spent a bunch of time in Tampa and like the town and the people, so I'm rooting for the Rays.

The rays are going to have a tough time though. They need to be winning by the seventh or eighth inning at the most. Lidge is just a monster who has not blown a save since last year...Man I wish Detroit would have gotten him.

On a different note, did anyone notice how Presidente beer got the best advertisement spot on the field. I was watching the game here in Mexico and just kept seeing that Presidente sign almost behind the home plate...made me a bit thirsty and homesick.

Last edited: