Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Cars, Jeeps, New & Used Pricing ***

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a couple of 98-99 used toyota corrolla's for about 6-7000 dollars on a website, don't remember if it was supercarros. In Miami that car costs about 2G. Wow what a price hike. I'm going to get one of those chinese motorcycle's that I've been hearing about.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Land Rover Discovery
    Would it be cheaper to make a personal import as a Pensioner from the U.K. or U.S.A.of one of these rather than purchase one here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, my wife's just got her learners permit and will soon get a license. Where can I find the cheapest hunk of metal that moves?, such that I won't start crying when she totals it in less than a month, like I know she will. (Just to specify, I'm not implying that women can't drive; My mother taught me how, and my sister is the best driver I've ever known. It's just that my wife gets nervous easily, and y'all know how the other cars drive here.)

Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Tough call.

You need to check the import taxes on your discovery and decide for yourself.

I would guess it would cheaper to buy one here. They decrease in value rapidly here, because not many folks want to buy used ones. You can probably wrangle a pretty good deal.

The import taxes would be stiff, considering it's a luxury vehicle.
    Also very expensive to maintain and repair, as the dealer is likely the only place you can get it fixed (and have some peace of mind).

Consider selling your vehicle back home and getting a Toyota or Honda vehicle out here. Repairs are much cheaper (Japanese vehicle parts are everywhere), and you'll save a lot of money on gas (the Discovery gets horrible mileage, and gas isn't much cheaper than the UK at $5 USD a gallon.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    Also very expensive to maintain and repair, as the dealer is likely the only place you can get it fixed (and have some peace of mind).

Consider selling your vehicle back home and getting a Toyota or Honda vehicle out here. Repairs are much cheaper (Japanese vehicle parts are everywhere), and you'll save a lot of money on gas (the Discovery gets horrible mileage, and gas isn't much cheaper than the UK at $5 USD a gallon.
    Unless the guy is millionaire, that's the best advice. He can always get a Prado in the DR.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I got an offer for a 2002 Grand Vitara, prime condition for 280,000 rds... paybable with no intrest in 5 months...

just to give an idea...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fair price for a Mitsubishi Sportero

Does anyone have an idea of what would be a fair price for a Mitsubishi Sportero truck, 2007, low mileage and good condition, at Dominican prices of course?

Thanks for your input.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a 2001 Toyota Hilux Surf with turbo diesel engine, $RD 300,000

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Stapleton View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of what would be a fair price for a Mitsubishi Sportero truck, 2007, low mileage and good condition, at Dominican prices of course?

Thanks for your input.
    Espaillat Motors - 2007 MITSUBISHI L 200 SPORTERO

JJ

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast