*** Cars, Jeeps, New & Used Pricing ***

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
Great thread, thanks Robert

I'm calling on a Nissan Patrol in one of those ads in the am. Hopefully it's a rare 3 door model:nervous:

NissanPatrol.jpg

If I can find one of these too I'll be golden for awhile;

r1200gsa.jpg

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
CB, what do these go for? And those tires seem a little rough for the highway, Im sure it's a great off road bike but how is it on paved roads?
Those tires are mods, semi-knobbies, a 50/50 tire. That pic has several non-stock farkles.

The V-Strom comes with Trailwings stock, a 70/30 tire. We just got back from tour, and rode from Samana to Jarabacoa in the rain. Excellent tires for the roads here.

You can pick up a new V-Strom from Bonamza for around US$11,000 out the door. Remember, things are like 60% more expensive here.

We have 12. Near perfect bike, overall, for the DR roads: paved, hard-pack, potholes, autopista, twisties, city, 2-up, you name it, and 60mpg. PLUS, unlike Beemers, nearly zero maintenance, just change the oil pretty much. The engine is a re-cammed SV650 motor, known as about as bullet-proof as is in existence.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Robert, this is an awesome thread!!! Thanks for thinking about this.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Those tires are mods, semi-knobbies, a 50/50 tire. That pic has several non-stock farkles.

The V-Strom comes with Trailwings stock, a 70/30 tire. We just got back from tour, and rode from Samana to Jarabacoa in the rain. Excellent tires for the roads here.

You can pick up a new V-Strom from Bonamza for around US$11,000 out the door. Remember, things are like 60% more expensive here.

We have 12. Near perfect bike, overall, for the DR roads: paved, hard-pack, potholes, autopista, twisties, city, 2-up, you name it, and 60mpg. PLUS, unlike Beemers, nearly zero maintenance, just change the oil pretty much. The engine is a re-cammed SV650 motor, known as about as bullet-proof as is in existence.

Thanks for the info CB! Do you ride on the stock trailwings? 70/30 tires sounds more realistic for everyday riding.

I will definitely join you on one of your rides one day soon and check out the bikes...what a great excuse for a "test drive" :)

I definitely miss riding...but I don't think either of my bikes...2003 HD Roadking or 2003 Bourget Low Blow Chopper would do too well over here....well maybe the Road King, but definitely no fun for the off-roading!

thomas901

May 4, 2008
Does anybody has a quad to sell or if knows how much money i need to buy one in DR?

i saw some parked somewhere on lincoln that looked alright...dont know about price but they looked alright...where it was on lincoln..it wasnt far from 27... if youre coming from the malecon they will be parked out front on the left...

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Wanted: TOYOTA COROLLA

Looking for a Toyota Corolla, 1991/2 or 1997/8, preferably private sale. Any contacts or ideas much appreciated. Write back here or PM me, please.

Thanks.

z-man

Mar 17, 2009
I'm coming in DR Juan Dolio next month.Can I buy car from dealer with my credit card?
Does anybody try it.I don't like to carry to much cash with me.

z-man

Mar 17, 2009
Car

Does the car has to be paid of to import in DR,
Can I make car payments from DR to my origin country?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
wow

Does the car has to be paid of to import in DR,
Can I make car payments from DR to my origin country?

You mean your finance company would let you move the collateral out of the country? dont think so. you would have to have the title for import. and if the auto is being financed you don't have the title(at least in the US). Unless you have paid for it with you visa/mastercard.