technology in education

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
A recent thread about education in the DR and technology prompts me to write this post. I am a grad student in educational technology and use it frequently to teach Spanish in Maine.

Just this morning I skyped a dear aplatanada friend in Punta Cana, and she answered some questions LIVE as an "expert" and my students benefited from the interaction.

I have started posting videos of how I use technology to my edublog:

Ms Beane's Brain

I am now looking for more "experts" to Skype. If you would like to participate, please let me know on the board. I have to approve you before we Skype. I once video-chatted with dear old Texas Bill. If you have not met him, he is a real gem. And he types in his shorts with a 100 cigarette dangling from his lips. So, I can't really have that in my classroom.

But, Texas Bill! I love ye! Skype me fully clothed and sans cigarette and we are good.

Anyone else?

Check out the blog to see how it works.

And thanks to all. I love DR1.
(still holding out for thanksgiving tickets...)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Now, if I just had a mic and an camera....maybe this will motivate me to get them???

Good luck, Maine Girl...

Ms. Beane's Brain!!! That's cute...

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's going to be fun! We have a live bilingual interview with Chirimoyito scheduled for a couple of weeks time - he can't wait to be famous in Maine.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Anyone....???

I would really like to skype more people in the DR with my classes.

Also I am looking for a "Skype penpal" for one of my students doing an independent study. She does not care the gender, but around her age would be good (16). I would be monitoring the interaction.