Mail to the DR

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
Hi

Has anyone sent mail to the DR by regular mail. I have some things mostly photo's I would liek to send and I don't want to pay the 65 dollars for Fed Ex, what are the chances of the mail actually arriving, and how long woudl it take from Canada

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I have friends that regularly receive mail from Europe into the Sosua office, beside the pool supply place. You won't be notified when some is received and it is up to you to go in and pick it up. Once that is done a few times, the guy behind the counter will give you your mail as well as mail for those who live near to you (as long as you can give their names before he hands the mail over).

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
Hey mart
Im leaving for the DR on Nov 10. If you want to mail the package to me, which Im sure would be way less expensive, I could then get it to whoever you wish when Im there. Or you could make arragements for someone to pick it up from me. Send me a PM if you wish or email, if you still have my email addy.
Carol

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
wow

hey thanks Carol. I will try and get it all together, I will send you an email when I have it all together.

LaMoreniita

Oct 11, 2007
To DR...

hello, I just saw you posted that you were leaving from Canada to DR on Nov 10... From where exactly are you leaving? Where about are you going? As I would maybe have either a small package or letter to get to someone there depending where you are going...
If you wouldn't mind! Thanks in advance for your answer!

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
IM leaving from Toronto........I live in Collingwood ont. and im going to PP. I dont mind taking something for you, as long as it is lightwieght and not illigal. Send me a PM if you wish.
Carol

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
mail boxes etc (tiradentes/alma mater)

Has anyone used their services? I wondered if they work the way I understand EPS does- i.e. receive your mail in the US and forward here. I have yet to wander over there and ask them but thought I would check in here first...does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You're better off going to P O Box International on Calle Girl Scouts in Naco. I'm using Mail Boxes Etc. in B?varo and they are unreliable and expensive. Maybe the SD branch is better, but better safe than sorry. I've used POBI for over 8 years and was a satisfied customer.