How Can A Sankie Feel Betrayed

Feb 15, 2005
The nerve of a sankie (female or male) to feel betrayed when one decides to expand their experiences.

It sounds like the best payback to me.

Mar 2, 2008
I think you have to understand the mentality that motivates a sankie. They have a keen sense of self-awareness and pride, and they can generally rationalize their behavior in ways that are difficult for others to understand.

I can see that in their minds they think they are being honest, and that they are providing a worthwhile service, for which they should to be adaquetely compensated. In their system of rationalization, they see themselves perhaps in the same way a carpenter might, for example. They have provided a valuable service at a fair price and they expect a certain level of customer loyalty.

I know that is rather twisted logic and difficult for most of us to understand, but if it were the way you were raised, and the way you have always provided for yourself and for your family, you might have a similar mind-set in their position.

I am not trying to justify their actions. I am just trying to imagine how they might function, and how they might have developed such a foreign system of values. Most of us rationalize our behaviors to a certain extent. I do not believe it is so much different for sankies.

Mar 2, 2008
Every businessman must also be a salesman.

If the price goes up the customer needs to be convinced the increase costs are justified. When the increased costs become regular and unjustied, a wise customer finds a new provider of the service. Of course, the first provider is not going to be happy about losing the business, but he'll find another source, and perhaps he will learn something.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Every businessman must also be a salesman.

If the price goes up the customer needs to be convinced the increase costs are justified. When the increased costs become regular and unjustied, a wise customer finds a new provider of the service. Of course, the first provider is not going to be happy about losing the business, but he'll find another source, and perhaps he will learn something.

No kidding !!

Feb 15, 2005
catcherintherye, great response,

So wouldn't you think that once you figure out that you may in fact are being used or "played" should you not exact some leverage by being seen with someone or at a club dancing in order to show that you are to be respected.