Best Pizza In Sosua Is Found Where?

The Traveler

Jun 7, 2008
Hello all, I will be making my 2nd trip to DR in December and splitting my time between POP and Sosua. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might find the best pizza in Sosua(taste/good price/size). Thanks

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Di Colores not sure of spelling, down the street from the Bologna towards the Car Wash makes a very good Pizza for half the price of the Bologna. It is Dominican run. You can sit inside or outside.

I like the PIzza there better than the Bologna, regardless of price. But with PIzza, everyone has different preferences.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I'd definitely go with La Bologna. Their pizza while being a little more expensive than some other places seems to be the best quality in my opinion. Better ingredients and large selection of choices.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
whats all the excitement its just cheese on toast with a tomato ...is it Italian or was it invented by the Americans

Mar 2, 2008
whats all the excitement its just cheese on toast with a tomato ...is it Italian or was it invented by the Americans

Not invented, innovated, and made better.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
with blueberry and peanut butter topping mmmm

drro would know the answer to the best pizza place.....I think she has a degree in pizzas lol

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Soc:

Do you really want to go down that road, I would rather get excited over a good pie than marmite on white toast!

Bologna is my favorite, ask for it well done for a crisper crust.

tambo'

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Baileys do fantastic pizzas. Lots of choice of toppings and made fresh. Good sizes and good price.

Bologna is quite good too as is Rockys. I used to like PJ's pizza too until they put their prices up.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
You know, I've never had pizza in Sosua. Next time, I'll start with Rocky's and work my way out from there.

Some great suggestions on the board. Thanks!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
i had a very good pizza in cabarete, in the german restaurant across the street from onno?s, never try in sosua.

No disrespect to your pizza tastes, but the pizza at this place (HexenKessel) is really only good when all the other places are closed :bunny: Next time, try Pomodoro (the best). Lax (not bad and very inexpensive) or Casanova (not bad and half price during happy hour).

Oh...and all these places come with a side order of Ocean View...gratis ;)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If you like a thin crust you can always make your own by placing those flour tortilla shells in the microwave until golden brown and then add your favorite toppings and then put back in the microwave until done.

Now that we have discussed the thin crust let's move to the cheezy part. I don't care for DR mozarella and buy the imported for a much improved pie.

So the best pizza in sosua might be at my place but they are not for sale.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Have you tried the Pizza at Parada el Choco (opposite Sosua Ocean Village)? Nice thin crust, excellent flavours. This is the only place I go for pizza in Sosua these days.

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
I agree with SKY on this one. Di Colores makes exellent pizzas to my taste. Sitting on the pavement outside on a sunny early evening eating one of their pizzas is really good.

The place at the side of Baileys in the centre of town also does pizzas that I like, but the eating area is a bit characterless. Perhaps better for a takeaway?

In response to jrhartley, can somebody tell me what "lol" means?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
All the above are worth a try but Orchidee's is my weekly stop. Plus Morua Mai (Morua Mai) special with shrimp etc. is excellent.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
In response to jrhartley, can somebody tell me what "lol" means?

LOL - laugh (or laughing) out loud

a few others that pop up frequently:

LMAO - laughing my a$$ off
FWIW - for what it's worth
IMHO - in my humble/honest opinion

Reactions: Rocky