1 day trip near Santo Domingo

karienina

Jan 18, 2006
If I want to spend a day near Santo Domingo, where can I go? I mean a nice, quiet, non touristic place to relax.
I've been million of times to Boca Chica, Juan Dolio, Guayacanes... and I don't want to go to those places, specially Boca Chica.

Maybe a nice place near some river or the mountains. I've heard of a finca open to public somewhere around the capital which is fantastic, but exactly don't know where it is.
Could you please give a piece of advice?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Do you mean Rancho Campeche? It's less than an hour from Santo Domingo, off the road between San Crist?bal and Ban?.

Rancho Campeche

If you decide to go, contact them first to make sure they are open to the public that day and to let them know how many people are going if you want them to cook for you. They do nice simple Dominican style food with plenty of salad, vegetables and meat and vegetarian options for something like RD$400 per head. They sell beer and soft drinks. I think you can also take a picnic, but they discourage the use of disposable plates and cups. They have a pool, horseriding, cycling, and relaxing in hammocks, and the finca is large enough for people to take a long walk.

Another nice place is Cambita Garabito, also in San Crist?bal province, high up in the mountains, nice and cool air. You can eat at a good, fairly expensive restaurant called L'Aubergine.

I've seen photos of some beautiful rivers and waterfalls where you can take a picnic and swim in Monte Plata province, don't have the details to hand though.

karienina

Jan 18, 2006
That's it, Rancho campeche,
Thank you chirimoya.
I'm gonna look on the internet for Cambita Garabito and the other places in Monte Plata