Flying with 2 different passports.

M

mixed-up

Hi, i have dual nationalities.

1). Can i fly from Canada to the D-R with my Canadian passport, but when the plane lands in the D-R i will show the Dominican immigration officer a totaly different foreign passport so that he will stamp it (my other foreign passport) instead of my canadian passport both in and out of the D-R ???

2).and then fly to canada entering canada as a canadian ?

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
I also posted this on your other thread.

When leaving Canada all you need to do is show ID to get onto the plane. All depending on the other passport you have, you should be able too enter the DR. However you will need to see if you need other documents to travel into the DR on that passport.

Once you come back to Canada you can show your Canadian passport.

Let me know if you have anyother questions

M

mixed-up

Yes,

I'm buying my flight tickets under my canadian passport name for both directions, which is a bit of a different name than my name in my other foreign passport that i want to enter the D-R with.

When the Dominican immigration officer asks for my passport to stamp it in, will he not be checking also my name on my return flight ticket ??

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
you need to travel with the passport that is going to match your name on your tickets!!!!!

You don't want to be travelling with documents that don't match what your tickets are going to say.

So I am saying don't travel with your other passport and just use your Canadian one.

Being a travel agent I have seen way to many cases where the name doesn't match the travel documents and people are stuck in countries that they don't want to be stuck in.