Flying with 2 different passports.

M

mixed-up

Hi, i have dual nationalities.

1). Can i fly from Canada to the D-R with my Canadian passport, but when the plane lands in the D-R i will show the Dominican immigration officer a totaly different foreign passport so that he will stamp it (my other foreign passport) instead of my canadian passport both in and out of the D-R ???

2).and then fly to canada entering canada as a canadian ?

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
When leaving Canada all you need to do is show ID to get onto the plane. All depending on the other passport you have, you should be able too enter the DR. However you will need to see if you need other documents to travel into the DR on that passport.

Once you come back to Canada you can show your Canadian passport.

Let me know if you have anyother questions

M

mixed-up

When leaving Canada all you need to do is show ID to get onto the plane. All depending on the other passport you have, you should be able too enter the DR. However you will need to see if you need other documents to travel into the DR on that passport.

Once you come back to Canada you can show your Canadian passport.

Let me know if you have anyother questions

Yes,

I'm buying my flight tickets under my canadian passport name for both directions, which is a bit of a different name than my name in my other foreign passport that i want to enter the D-R with.

When the Dominican immigration officer asks for my passport to stamp it in, will he not be checking also my name on my return flight ticket ??

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Which country are you hiding your whereabouts/identity from?

The Dominican immigration agent will stamp any passport you put in front of them, I would be more concerned getting stamped back in to your "home" country with no stamps on your passport.

t'

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This is the wrong place to ask this question. You need to look at the regulations of your home country. In my home country, they've enacted regulations that say I have to enter and exit my home country with my home country passport. It is very nice to have dual nationality, but you better be sure you know what you are doing in terms of legalities.

Most frequently it is not a question of hiding anything from anyone. It is simply an issue of a home country and a country of residence.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Hi, i have dual nationalities.

1). Can i fly from Canada to the D-R with my Canadian passport, but when the plane lands in the D-R i will show the Dominican immigration officer a totaly different foreign passport so that he will stamp it (my other foreign passport) instead of my canadian passport both in and out of the D-R ???

2).and then fly to canada entering canada as a canadian ?

My question is, why you want to show a different passport to the Dominican immigration officer? what are you hiding?

What other nationality do you have? It may seem that everybody can enter the DR without a visa, but that's not the case.

M

mixed-up

This is the wrong place to ask this question. You need to look at the regulations of your home country. In my home country, they've enacted regulations that say I have to enter and exit my home country with my home country passport. It is very nice to have dual nationality, but you better be sure you know what you are doing in terms of legalities.

Most frequently it is not a question of hiding anything from anyone. It is simply an issue of a home country and a country of residence.

Yes, but if you read my original thread i didn't say i plan to leave Canada and re enter to Canada with any other passport but my Canadian one.

I asked if once i'm on the plane landing in the D-R i can show the D-R immigration officer only my other nationality passport to stamp it in and out of the D-R.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
you need to travel with the passport that is going to match your name on your tickets!!!!!

You don't want to be travelling with documents that don't match what your tickets are going to say.

So I am saying don't travel with your other passport and just use your Canadian one.

Being a travel agent I have seen way to many cases where the name doesn't match the travel documents and people are stuck in countries that they don't want to be stuck in.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Yes, but if you read my original thread i didn't say i plan to leave Canada and re enter to Canada with any other passport but my Canadian one.

I asked if once i'm on the plane landing in the D-R i can show the D-R immigration officer only my other nationality passport to stamp it in and out of the D-R.

What other nationality do you have?

Can the Moderador please close the other 2 threads, it's very confusing.

Thanks.

M

mixed-up

What other nationality do you have?

Can the Moderador please close the other 2 threads, it's very confusing.

Thanks.

Let's just say it's also a nationality where i won't need a visa to enter the D-R.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Seriously, what is the point? If you hold 2 different nationalites and both can enter the DR visa free, why not use your Canadian passport instead of using the passport of the other country you won't disclose?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Hello
You should be fine entering DR on your Foreign Passport if that Nationality doesnt requiere a Visa to enter DR,they usually just stamp your passport with no fuss
On the Return though there is more control and often they are trying to avoid illegal immigration to Canada so they are likely to double check passports/Tickets several times to make sure.The problem would greatly be reduced if Your Foreign passport doesnt requiere a Visa to enter Canada either.
Another approach would be that you enter/depart on your canadian passport and just ask the officer not to stamp your passport.
Good Luck

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Good luck trying to explain yourself to Immigration Canada officers upon your return home.