Booking my Punta Cana trip this week, advice please.

kerpal68

Oct 27, 2008
Whats up guys, I finally rounded up 3 friends to come to DR with me. We are going 12/10 to 12/17. I was wondering if anyone could help out with a question.

What is a good resort for younger guys to go to in Punta Cana we are all 25-30yrs old. There are 4 of us, we are all single. But we want to stay at a resort. Any suggestions would be appreciated, As of right now we were about to book Grand Oasis All Inclusive in Puna Cana.

Thanks in advance.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
not much to do in that area of grand oasis.
i will recommend Bahia Principe. you gonna have a blast.
ocean blue and majestic colonial are good options too.
check bookit.com they have a lot of good rates for those days.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Occidental grand punta Cana, thats where Mangu is, you get some free drinks, and get in free, dont have to take a cab, and if you get loaded, the resort is right there!!

check it out!

Mangu Disco Bar

jetti

Aug 25, 2008
I would also recommend Occidental Grand (Flamenco) Punta Cana. Its a beautiful resort and Mangu is a great place if you are looking to have a good time. and like Lapurr said its right there so no need to go anywhere. Mangu is open to everyone so you can meet people from other resorts as well as locals.

amandalynn

Oct 5, 2007
I also would recommend Occidental Grand Flamenco. It is perfect. It has you need and if you wanted to check out the shops they are right at the enterance to the hotel.

kerpal68

Oct 27, 2008
I am now looking at Occidental Grand instead of Grand Oasis. Is Mangu located within the resort?

Also I am leaving from newark, nj. Is there any preferences for booking online to DR? Or should I just go with travelocity?

Thanks again guys, I cant wait to go!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Kerpal,
welcome to the bord.
from the prior recommendations i would def cut out the bahia principe.
while it is a great resort, it is not the typical destin 4 the 4 singles and it is far from any action in bavaro, you would be trapped within the resort's activities.
yes, the occidental flamenco is the resort where the Mangu is located, just a few minutes walk from the room to the action.
you would also be close to mangu and to areito and the bars at the plaza bavaro or el cortecito when satying at the princess or the palladium or the carabela.
and of course the flamenco.
look at which of them you get the best deal and take it.
doesn't look that you guys watch out for a pampered royal services spot, so just grab it nearby by the horns.
have fun
Mike

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I dont think it's called flamenco anymore, when booking through an agency...or online, i would just go with travelocity...not all agents book the same resorts, so i'd grab it!! that one usually books up quick!!

Have fun!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeap Lapurr,
it is called the Occidental Grand Flamenco pUNTA cANA.
WOW,
been a long sentence in a row at this nighttime in a 3rd or 4th language,
hope my presi spelling is still o.k., ha ha.
if they changed a name, please let me know,
i need such knowledge for my own job.
those name changes and use of similar names can sometimes really be a p.i.t.a.
happy travel
Mike

jetti

Aug 25, 2008
depending on what site you are on some list it as Occidental Grand Punta Cana and some as Occidental Grand Flamenco.

Mangu is right around the bend from the main lobby if you look at a map of the resort you will see it. I also booked leaving from EWR but I booked my trip through Liberty Travel as I have done the same in the past. I sometime use Applevacations to get an idea of pricing and they are usually pretty good but sometime dont show non stop flights which I prefer.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
depending on what site you are on some list it as Occidental Grand Punta Cana and some as Occidental Grand Flamenco.

Mangu is right around the bend from the main lobby if you look at a map of the resort you will see it. I also booked leaving from EWR but I booked my trip through Liberty Travel as I have done the same in the past. I sometime use Applevacations to get an idea of pricing and they are usually pretty good but sometime dont show non stop flights which I prefer.

I'm soooooooo envyious of you!! did you check out the mangu website...see the pictures, i must admit!! the foam party was really fun!!
*DO NOT EVER LEAVE YOUR DRINK UNATTENDED

jetti

Aug 25, 2008
I was acutally there during the foam party but I have to say that I wasnt upstairs when all the foam was floating around. im not a big fan of techno music so I didnt go upstairs all that often except to look for some eye candy ;-)

kerpal68

Oct 27, 2008
Hey guys based on the replies here we booked our stay at occidental grand punta cana, I really appreciate the replies, the place looks nice.

jetti

Aug 25, 2008
IMO you will be happy with Occidental. I am a female around the age of you guys and had a great time there in July.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Make sure you give us a trip report when you come home!! love to hear about it!!

kerpal68

Oct 27, 2008
Stupid question, I have Verizon Wireless and a Motorola Q, will i get phone service out in DR??

amandalynn

Oct 5, 2007
yes you will get service in DR with verizon. i used to have verizon and it worked just fine when i was there. im not sure of how much a minute though. you might what to contact verizon. Enjoy your stay....you will have a blast.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
verizon is not anymore in the country. it was sold to Claro.
anyway, it doesnt matter. you will have not problem. you just have to pay for the rooming.