Will there be Thanksgiving Dinner at Sam's Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Just wondering if there will be Thanksgiving dinner at Joanne's - Sam':bunny:s Bar and Grill. I don't have time to go to Rocky's as my flight leaves that evening to go back to Canada.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Not sure about the answer to your question but dinner at Rockys is at 2pm and the restaurant is a mere 15 mins (5 if Rocky is driving;)) to the airport.

There still appear to be 10 spaces left.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
its the one in Puerto Plata that is rotting away...its an institution and actually serves quite nice food after a rather long wait

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The annual Thanksgiving dinner @ Sams Bar will take place again this year.
Jose del Carmen Ariza #34, Puerto Plata (across from Rusa Money changer)
Tel: 809-586-7267.

Good value for the money, Turkey or Ham with all the timings.

See you @ Sams

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Thanks Gringo. I'll see Joanne when I arrive on the 13th.

As for Rocky's - not enough time before I have to be at the airport for check in.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
That means you will miss ours which will happen on the weekend. Maybe we will do it the weekend before now......

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
That means you will miss ours which will happen on the weekend. Maybe we will do it the weekend before now......

You crazy Canuks just can't get enough of that turkey stuff eh! Now you celebrate the US Turkey Day too.:bunny:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
You can only eat so much chicken here, so the big chicken is a treat!

Of course a nice mash of parsnips and carrots would also be nice to accompany this delicious festivas and don't forget the turnips and acorn squash all of which are sadly missed here.

samsbar

Jun 30, 2005
Thanksgiving Dinner

See posting under "Living". Charlielyn look forqard to seeing you on the 13th. Joanne

digger

Jan 28, 2008
Thanksgiving at sam's? Is there anywhere better to go?

As a fairly long term resident here, I am proud to say that I am a regular at Sam's. You won't find better people anywhere. Yes, the hotel is 112 years old, but the people who frequent Sam's and the people who just drop by make it a very special place. It isn't Casa Colonial (although I love that place, too) but it is friendly. The people who come here are from all over the world and are very interesting, the food is extremely good and reasonable. I would not even consider having my Thanksgiving Dinner, Christmas Dinner (including Joanne's "Christmas in July" celebration) anywhere else. I just don't know where else I could go to have such enjoyable times as I have had at Sam's. And they have a library of English paperbacks...."bring one, take one"....old time Caribbean tradition.
I understand that there are great places in Sosua and Cabarete, too. (Hi Rocky, will make it there one day!!). However, I work for a living (such as it is) and I really don't have time to visit there. Why would I when Sam's is right here, under my nose!!! Viva Sam's!!!

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Plans have changed. I cancelled my flight. Not arriving today as mom is still with me but failing rapidly. Will rebook my flight after she passes and I have dealt with the aftermath. Will be in for dinner when I return - possibly early December.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Thanks Joanne. My mother passed away on Wednesday. Very busy right now with funerals and settling the estate. I'll be in POP on Dec.4th for 2 weeks and then making the permanent move down on January 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.