help- what is happening with disco in MTL

lachicadelaplaya

Mar 11, 2008
Hi !
We need help, we're a group of 4 girls that likes to go out dancing salsa-merengue-bachata once in a while and we are desperate.
I went to El Bacilon couples of time but most dancers are accompagnied, music is great but last time we passed the night sitting waiting for invitation :bored:
Salsatheque was ok not too much people
Copacabana/Loco Loco - people told me that there's lots of reggaeton and that the majority is 18-20yrs old

So any suggestion for a friday night out :bunny:

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
My favourite place closed down a few months ago...Punta Cana.

El Vacilon is a close second. Perhaps u hit a bad night. I've never had a problem with being asked to dance there.

If your hard-core salsa dancers try 6/49

True about Copa's...I don't go there

The new place in town is Remy's....on parc

I believe it's ladies night at loco loco on Fridays

Check out El Chasqui for more up to date info than me ;)

lachicadelaplaya

Mar 11, 2008
oups forgot to thank you !
el bacilion it really depends on the nights, somes I wasn't leaving the dance floor and other wasn't leaving ...my chair lol
I'll take a look on Remy's
didn't know about 6/49 but I really prefer merengue-bachata, unfortunatly I find myself a poor salsa dancer
ok salsath?que wasn't empty but I've seen better other times that i went there

Did anyone heard about La Isla ??? they were giving panphlets at the merengue festival, I though it was going to be the new Punta Cana ???

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
La isla...I've heard nothing about it, including radio and the papers....Last time I passed Punta Cana was still empty. They have closed in the past though, they might reopen.

Problem with Salsath?que is that the guys are way too agressive (if you follow ;))

6/49 is hard-core, they don't like non-salsa dancers. It's corner ste-cat and peel in a basement. Another good Salsa location is Le Cactus.

Sundays best bet is Salsafolies....best in the summer on the pier in le vieux-port though.

Good luck,
Hit me up if you have any more questions!
Nicky