Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems at Banco Leon

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Problems at Banco Leon

Hi, since almost 2 weeks Banco Leon has problems with their debit and credit cards. Somebody knows what (besides incompetent dummies trying to solve it)is going on?

I asked (via Email 6 days ago) Banco Popular if they have debit-cards (visa) but surprisingly they haven't answered yet!

Anybody any idea?

Thanks. (getting serious problems now with Ebay unpaid item strikes)

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    Hi, since almost 2 weeks Banco Leon has problems with their debit and credit cards. Somebody knows what (besides incompetent dummies trying to solve it)is going on?

I asked (via Email 6 days ago) Banco Popular if they have debit-cards (visa) but surprisingly they haven't answered yet!

Anybody any idea?

Thanks. (getting serious problems now with Ebay unpaid item strikes)

Please elaborate what exactly the problems are.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem that has been solved: for 8 days we could not login into the account via their website or pay something with the card.

After 8 days we received an email that everything was ok....yeah right.

I bought some stuff on Ebay and went to the bank to deposit the money; "sorry sir, the system doesn't work yet, we can not deposit your money".

So I tried to make a payment with the money still on the card: nope, nada nothing! Paypal tells me the card doesn't work (or has no funds).

Send an email 3 days ago...nothing!

Chances are my Ebay-account will get suspended because of me not paying.....oh man....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Banco Leon was having problems recently but as of yesterday both Leon Visa debit and pre-paid were working, Leon internet banking is up and working too.

NotLurking

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    Problem that has been solved: for 8 days we could not login into the account via their website or pay something with the card.

After 8 days we received an email that everything was ok....yeah right.

I bought some stuff on Ebay and went to the bank to deposit the money; "sorry sir, the system doesn't work yet, we can not deposit your money".

So I tried to make a payment with the money still on the card: nope, nada nothing! Paypal tells me the card doesn't work (or has no funds).

Send an email 3 days ago...nothing!

Chances are my Ebay-account will get suspended because of me not paying.....oh man....

Contact Ebay. Advise them of the problem. They are cooperative. Just be pro-active yourself too. Sellers will wait.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AK74 View Post
    Contact Ebay. Advise them of the problem. They are cooperative. Just be pro-active yourself too. Sellers will wait.
    Good advice AK74 and I would like to add that Leon is trying to fix the problem, some cards seem to be working but like all problems here in DR, the solution always seem to be a few days away at best

NotLurking

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotLurking View Post
    Good advice AK74 and I would like to add that Leon is trying to fix the problem, some cards seem to be working but like all problems here in DR, the solution always seem to be a few days away at best

NotLurking
    Recently I received from Ebay a letter that some sellers might be affected by the hurricane and may take to perform longer.

So, this kind of problems is not unknown.
    Good luck!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

And when you go to see Banco Leon next (as surely you must to get this resolved quickly) try to be understanding & pleasant. Your posts so far indicate a fair bit of frustration & an 'aggressive' stance & I would hate for you to be put to the back of the queue because you were unable to 'work WITH' the bank employees/manager.

I apologise if my assesment is wrong & you are all sweetness & charming when in the bank - it just comes over that you think of all the staff as being "incompetent dummies". I have always found a joke against myself, a slight 'sob' story & continued firmness to get the problem resolved goes a long way with the bank manager!!

I agree with others - Ebay, PayPal AND the eBay sellers are generally VERY understanding if you keep them informed of the problems you are having with banks. Most of them have "been there, done that & have got all the 'T'-shirts to prove it"!!

Good Luck ~ Grahame.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You can even send them the message Banco Leon sent out (if you have registered your email address)... it was also posted on Banco Leon website.

I am also affected, I make weekly transfers via Prepaid Visa, and I had to make transfers via Vimenca and Caribe Express these days (much more $$$ costly).

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Grahame for your advise!
    You are right about one thing: I am frustrated by this, not about them having a problem but they emailed me that everything was working 100% again...at that moment I bought some stuff on Ebay and I found out it isn't working. The "going to the bank-part" is done by my lovely (Dominican) wife, I don't have the patience to go there and discuss simple things. So far I've heard form 6 other persons they have the same problem...so I just have to wait. One day I will laugh at it...I hope.
    Gr.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast