Headed to H10 Ocean Blue

doglover

Nov 1, 2008
Wow...so glad I found this site. I've learned so much about traveling to the DR and I look forward to browsing more to learn all I can between now and when we leave for vacation in March.

We are a couple in our late 30s with one 11 year old daughter-have stayed many times at AIs in Riviera Maya, Mexico, gone on several cruises as well as a few stays in Bahamas-now we're giving DR a try. So, I booked at Ocean Blue mostly based on reviews (of resorts in our price range) from various websites. It's so hard because you have to almost throw out the really good and the really bad ones, to get a realistic idea of the resort. Funny that some people just harp on the tiniest things which they let ruin their whole vacation. I'm sorry but if I'm in a warm climate, near a beach in a beautiful country, what could possibly be so bad...?

So, I'm looking for any information on this resort specifically. Does anyone know where I can find a map of the resort showing the buildings layout on the property? Does anyone know an e-mail address I could send a room location request to? Anything at the resort that is a "must do/see"? Any info about anything at the resort would be helpful (other than the restaurants which I have a pretty good handle on-plus when it comes to food, other people's opinions don't help me.) Some of our favorite resorts are Iberostar and Grand Palladium in Mexico-anyone out there been to either of these that can compare them to Ocean Blue?

I'm having trouble searching for threads containing info on the resort because when I search "Ocean Blue" I get lotsa talk about the ocean which is apparently beautifully blue there..

Any info on Ocean Blue or Ocean Sands would be greatly appreciated. Speaking of which, what's the difference between the two?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I stayed here a few years ago when it was called H10 Bavaro.

It was a nice resort..nice pool, nice atmosphere.

The one thing I remember is how difficult it was to get into the restaurants.

Overall, we enjoyed ourselves here.

Not sure what has changed in the meantime though...

bimmerman

Oct 27, 2008
We were at the resort next door last year and bought a timeshare at Ocean Blue. The Resort is very very nice and we are going for 3 weeks on Feb 21 to Mar 14. I don't think you be disappointed. The web site is Ocean By H10 Tried their food and we thought it was very good compared to the resort next door. You made a good choice and enjoy yourself.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I?d been there 7 times and still cant find the difference between the 2 resorts. lol
the only difference is Sand is to the left side and ocean to the right.
the sand could be more noise, because the speakers from the pool are closer.
the building closest to the beach are 5, 6, 9, 10
I always stay in buiding 8 or 9 close to everything.
the reason because i like this resort is because is very compact and easy to move everywhere. very clean , and the food and drinks are outstanding.
no problem getting to any restaurant. very easy. not resrvation needed.
dont miss mike?coffee
good luck

doglover

Nov 1, 2008
johnny-thanks for the info on the building locations....do you know how I could contact the resort via e-mail to make a request for a particular building? The e-mail address on their website goes to their reservations department....I'd prefer to get it straight to the front desk.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
to make a request of any room or building, I think you have to do it thru reservation (not front desk). after that, you can call the front desk to make sure they assigned the room that you requested.
all rooms are junior suite, there are rooms facing the pool and gardens, and the other face to the other resort next door. not the garden as they said.
building 1, 2, 3, from the blue, and 7 and 8 from sand are closer to lobby and restaurants.
building 4, 5 y 6 from blue, and 9, 10 from sand are closer to beach.
building 6, and 10 directly on the beach.
not matter in which building you stay at. the walking distance from the front(lobby) to the end (beach) is not more than 5-6 mins.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
like johnny wrote,
buildings 6 and 10 are the ocean side, but it really doesn'matter much unless you wanna sit on a balcony all day long and watch the ocean.
go down and jump in!!, ha ha.
it is a easy navigating spot and very well worth the bucks they ask for, good value.
enjoy your stay
Mike

doglover

Nov 1, 2008
Thanks again...you guys gave me great info. I may not make a request after all. I don't care about the view as much as the location, and since you're saying it's not all that far from one end to the other, it won't matter. We've stayed at some HUGE resorts in Mexico before, and it just seems more convenient when your in the middle of it all. Anyway, thanks again. I can't wait for our week in the sun!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeap,
i prefer myself the smaller layout over the huge monsters.
doesn't matter where you are at any moment, you are always within 3 minutes from the next bar, ha ha.
enjoy your stay
Mike