Lawyers fees for reaching citizenship.

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
Hi,

How much would i end-up having to pay to a lawyer from when i first land in the dominican-republic until i become a temporary resident and then a permanent resident and finally a full fledged dominican citizen.

Is there a whole lot of difference between one law firm to another in terms of how much i end-up paying throughout the whole course of things ?

Please state in U.S. dollars.

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
WOW !!!

Nobody seems to know how much a lawyer charges for becoming a temporary resident, and later a permanent resident and finally to apply for citizenship ??

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no Anna, not wrong.
you gave the right ballpark for the temporary residency,
and exactly one year later the same procedure and again the same fee for the permanent residency.
aside of the 'halt of citizenships' i have no idea about the fees for such, i would actually not see a advantage of getting that over the usual permanent residency, so i assume most people on the bord did never apply for that, so no rates around.
Mike

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
I see an advantage to Dominican citizenship, it's called a passport !

P.s.

1). Can someone please tell me how long it will take to get the temporary residency status from the moment i first walk into a law firm in the Dominican-Republic untill i get that temporary resident status ?

2). Can someone please tell me what i have to show them to get that primery status, for instance should i buy property before i become a temporary resident (while i'm still on tourist status only) or wait to get that temporary status first, if the latter, what are the minimum requirements to have if i don't have job there.

I hope expats who already went through that system and lawyers would respond.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I see an advantage to Dominican citizenship, it's called a passport !

P.s.

1). Can someone please tell me how long it will take to get the temporary residency status from the moment i first walk into a law firm in the Dominican-Republic untill i get that temporary resident status ?

2). Can someone please tell me what i have to show them to get that primery status, for instance should i buy property before i become a temporary resident (while i'm still on tourist status only) or wait to get that temporary status first, if the latter, what are the minimum requirements to have if i don't have job there.

I hope expats who already went through that system and lawyers would respond.

i still can not see what advantage a dominican passport would bring me.
for any kind of business the cedula of a premanent resident is all what's needed.
and in case of traveling with a dominican passport for many country's you would need to apply for a visa first, while in my case my german passport is in the most cases enough to cross borders.
to your Q's:
to apply for residency you need a full copy of your passport(all pages) and a original birth certificate.
for additional needed papers others may jump in, i did my residency very long ago, so some things may be easier now or different required.
Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the advantage of a dominican passport is that it is a clean slate, so to speak... and something to do with the tax issues?

i believe that a woman married to a dominican man can still apply for a citizenship, no? although it may not be the case for melclado. ;)

anyway, from start to temp residence: at least three months unless lucky or pay a lot more. in any case i think it would not work now - xmas coming and all the big fish in imigracion are busy with holiday plans etc.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes, a woman married to a dominican born man can apply for citizenship, while a man married to a dominican born woman can't.
i am not firm with the exact details, Sr Guzman would know the detailed answers to such.
and right,
3-4 months is a realistic time period for residency, x-mas aso doesn't make such faster, ha ha
good luck
Mike