Los ni?os re Ranchito Piche, Diego d Ocampo

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Hi guys. Let me begging by saying that this is my first attempt at asking others in DR1 to help in a organize mater so please feel free to help me manage if I am not doing a good Job.

I have been visiting this area of Diego d Ocampo since i was old enough to walk since is the area where my great grand parent are from.
Now as and I adult I contribute in every way I cna but it seems not to be enough.
I was just talking to Juliio Cesar Urena one of the teachers in that area and he informed me that he has 21 student of mix agents from 1rst to 4th grade and none know how to read or write.
Julio just got the Job about 4 weeks ago...so he is ntoto blame.
I feel is a good time to make a change in that area and our small contributions to making the kids of Ranchito and Piche one of our priority.
Karina my wife and I are asking some of our friend to donate some close and toys to make them a nice Christmas party.
I also ask those of you that have old computers to donate it to the Ranchito and Piche schools.
Any donation of materials will help.
I am set to go back this Wednesday to take some pictures of each of the students and will have them tell me a little about thme so we cna have up in DR1 if is okey with the moderator.
I dont plan on administrating this type of help since I have no experience on this ..so Ill ask Marcos for some advise.
My goal is to give them a better chance and making sure that the land of my ancestors is left in better hands.
Please help
albin@opusgamma.com
pictures are coming soon.
Plus would like to set up a trip with those that live in the Santiago ,Puerto Plata area... so we can see the kids and come up with more ideas.....

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
BTW guys Profesor Urena told me that he will not be reciving a paycheck until he gets his diploma from USAD in Feb..so he is contributing by teachin this kids on a pro bono..no salary.
This is a month where lots of us celebrate a day where we are thankful for what was given to us.. lets give a little back...
I invited doctors, physiologist, business people to help in thier way... money is that important part but helping and showing this kids that people from all over the world care about their future is..........
I bet you when I take pictures of them with my digital camera it would be the first time in their life they saw themselves in a tv screen., well in a computer at least.
sometimes we take things for granted.
ayudemos los ninos de la loma.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
chola,
when i read that right you are in the area of santiago?
i will not drive up there,
but if you have a chance to come down here, contact me by PM here on the bord or on my e-mail mike@mikesmarina.info and i will give you a van load of notebooks, pens, cryons, toys, childrens clothings aso.
what i do not have is a chance to drive up to Santiago or puerto plata, it is sorrily far out of my route.
Mike

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
I live in cerro Don Antonio, is near Autopista Santiago-Navarrete (joaquin balaguer)
Mike ill send you a message to pick up the supplies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right J-D.
Albin,
bring up a little description and load up some fotos.
if you are not much familiar with such you can send me the fotos on my e-mail
and i load them up for you.
looking forward to meet you and your wife down here at my place.
Mike

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
SOECi, Guias D Ocampo ,a Cmapesinos Por la Montana are all NGO that are working i nthe area. each has its own agenda either sustainable agriculture or reforestations.
My idea is to just help out the school kids with some supplies.

Ill be going over to the Piche school with a class of 21 students Wednesday. ill post some pictures.
i plan on visiting the Ranchito school next week since they have more students.
My family have donated land ot SOECI for their nursery and have help out in many areas.
I do need input on organizing this rally form everyone...since i ma not an expert.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Rnachito and Piche are locate in the Mountains that divide Santiago and Puerto Plata. The highest peak of that mountain is call Pico diego de ocampo. The mountain it self also has that name...please correct me if am wrong.
If your goin by public transportation you will need to take a jeep in Gurabito ($100RD round trip) to piche.
If your going from Puerto Plata you will need to get to Altamira nad take abus up to la Manacla.
Let me take a picture of the mountain since i have a nice view from my home office.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
okwneo.jpg

Albin Karina nad mia overlooking Santiaog in Ranchito

http://i36.tinypic.com/2r7ric5.jpg
Profesor Urena the new school teacher
http://i33.tinypic.com/ddwkh.jpg
Ranchito from my front porch in Santiago