Re: Need info on Puerto Plata

O

Olivia

The beaches are at Playa Dorada where they have plenty of activities, watersports etc. There is also a golf course and shopping plaza with restaurants and plenty of night clubs, something for everyone in fact.

As for hiring a car, I wouldn't recommend crossing the road, let alone driving on it!! The Dominicans are crazy in there cars. I spoke to someone who saw a family of five travelling on a motorbike!! Gives you some idea. There are plenty of other ways to travel, such as taxi or bus.

I had a holiday in Pueto Plata in October and have just booked up to go back again next October, I can't wait. You will have the time of your life.

L

Lori

We visited Puerto Plata (Playa Naco) in 1995, now considering a return w/ kids, ages 8 and 11. We like the convenience of an all-inclusive resort. Any suggestions as to the best hotels for us?

B

Beth Murphy

My husband and I have vacationed twice at the Paradise Beach Resort in Puerto Plata. We love it there so much we bought a time share. It is directly on the beach. Accomodations are great as is the staff.