North Coast Private Security Firms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Does anyone have any recommendations on private security firms with trained, professional security personnel? I am interested in those who can provide services on the north coast.

This is for security of a building/home/office which will be 24/7. The guards will need to be armed. They also need to be very professional, I am not interested in "watchmen" types; serious security.

Any recommendations?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
There might be a Security firm located on the same road as the Super Liquer store in Sosua. I seem to remember seeing an suv or office sign on that road. If you turn down that road, it's before the Government Building where I saw the Suv occasionally.

I know that's not real detailed info, but maybe someone here can fill in the blanks.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the signs had all disappeared the last time I went past the black wolf security office,dont know if they moved offices

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
There is a company called North Coast Security (Or something like that) owned by a Cor. Castillo Moronta.

While I am not in a position to comment on the services his company offers, I am very familiar with Cor. Castillo, having known him for 15 or so years and have no qualms whatsoever in recommending him both personally and professionally. Anyone who knows me knows I very rarely vouch for anyone, but this time I will. He;s one of the good guys and I can only assume he runs a tight ship.

I'd be happy to give his number to anyone who PM's me.

Joe

Jul 18, 2008
Jason,

Hope all is well. Claude has a regular client who owns one of the largest and most professional firms on the North Coast. I can arrange for a personal introduction for you.
They are VERY serious people!!

Best regards.

Simon

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Are there any updates that anyone can provide with regards to a security company anywhere from POP - Cabarete?

Thanks!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
black wolf security is another option - they are located in the plaza near the garden in the centre of sosua on the second level of the building...

Balance of post, off topic.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
black wolf security is another option - they are located in the plaza near the garden in the centre of sosua on the second level of the building

Thanks jrhartley. Do you have any experience with them? Or have you heard anything about them and what they offer and if prices are reliable?

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I'm sorry...clearly I'm missing some background. on whats going on here....

And I will not butt in where I don't know what is what...and who is "against who"...

But besides Bushbabies post on the 2nd page (#19) there have been NO posts that even TOUCH on the actual topic of security systems...or companies, which was the point of this thread??

I'm just confused? Normally from what I can tell all these comments would have been deleted by now?

Can someone either let me know what I'm missing or can we turn this thread back to the purpose of security companies (which has been missing since the first page of responses pretty much...)

p.s. would just like to mention I have nothing against anyone in this thread..I have no reason to...but it just seems strange these responses....

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I'm sorry...clearly I'm missing some background. on whats going on here....

And I will not butt in where I don't know what is what...and who is "against who"...

But besides Bushbabies post on the 2nd page (#19) there have been NO posts that even TOUCH on the actual topic of security systems...or companies, which was the point of this thread??

I'm just confused? Normally from what I can tell all these comments would have been deleted by now?

Can someone either let me know what I'm missing or can we turn this thread back to the purpose of security companies (which has been missing since the first page of responses pretty much...)

p.s. would just like to mention I have nothing against anyone in this thread..I have no reason to...but it just seems strange these responses....

Again, sincere apologies alicious for the scoundrels who have hijacked this thread. In an attempt to answer your question as to what is going on & HOPING I am not offending the moderator who has been having a hard time cleaning this thread up ...... let me put a little flesh on the bones.

I posed the question (now deleted) as to why a certain Security Company on the North Coast had not been mentioned yet on the thread. I named that company & was immediately jumped on by the owner for supposedly attacking her & her company. Various people responded to that attack as others had also been maligned in that person's post.

It is strange that the owner of the company should go on the attack when all I had done was to advise you of the company name - for that she should have been 'Thanking Me' rather than suggesting I was attacking her! How is it that saying goes "No publicity is BAD publicity"? I will not comment again on that company (in this thread) for fear of offending the moderator further - I only hope this gives you an insight as to why people have responded as they have.

Sincerely ~ Grahame.

Whirley Me dear ......... stick around a bit as I am sure someone has taken snapshots of the posts deleted & will fill you in shortly! ~ Gxx

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
It's all quite entertaining chaps; the infighting, which is only natural on this rather quirky island, but as someone who genuinely needs to employ a 'serious' security firm from November onwards, could anyone recommend the services of a well run and supervised firm? 2nd Q; Ocean One has SAS, now Puerto Plata security are they the same company re-named? I live in O1 and they do seem professional - anyone else have experience with them? In the distant past, I had poor experience of Dominican Watchman Co. - what of the 'new breed' please? cheers for the responses, clare

Aug 21, 2007
Perla Marina uses Puerto Plata Security. Overall, I have no complaints. Nothing is ever perfect here in the DR. And no matter what company is used, there are a few things that I think can help you be satisfied with the people paid to protect you.

I, personally, always treat the security guards with respect and kindness. I make it my duty to know all their names and call them by name when I speak with them. I ask about their families, and on occasion, bring used clothing for their children. I make coffee each night for the security guard posted nearest my home.

On the other hand, I NEVER let them inside my gate or allow them to see my house. Without seeming obvious about it, I keep a firm line between us.

Just like other household help, security guards-whether hired personally by you or employed by your community- need to be treated differently than we would hired help from our home countries. Learning those inroads is often via the School of Hard Knocks.

One side item....at a time when I was leaving the country for a month, I approached Puerto Plata Security about paying for one more guard posted directly outside my gate. They quoted me an outrageous price. As we often do in the DR, I figured out another, sort of under the table way, to achieve the same results. And I found success.

Lindsey

Reactions: Rocky

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Please answer the questions posed or treat this as a "Read Only" thread.

The next moderation effort will see the thread CLOSED.

Apologies if the flow of the thread was interrupted, It's just too much work to sort out what may be salvageable within a post.

Gregg
Mod.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
As Lindsay said, Perla Marina uses Puerto Plata Security, I have lived there for over a year and never had problems, although recently someone made a post that there was a robbery at Perla Marina.

Black Wolf is another company in the Sosua area, I often see their yellow SUV and Diahatsu truck(s) transporting the guards.

Also at the gas station outside Sousa (going toward Cabartete) there is an office of S.A.S. (Security Armed Services). Not sure if they are still there because last time I was there the office looked like it was under renovation or they were moving out?

Also there is SASS, but the word is that they are just a front for Cabarete Hell's Angels and some of them were recently arrested, so not sure if the company is still in business?

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Lindsey and Liam, thanks. I also have treated guards and all other workers in the past with great respect and still continue to do so. The reality is that expecting a guard to stay awake for 12 hours each night on a very low salary is not realistic. I had come to the conclusion that we would employ two of our own 'vetted' men on a more realistic schedule, i.e. 6 hour shifts, e.g. one from 6 until 1am and then 1am 'til 7 with an extra man rotating the days off + pay them well. There are plenty of good reliable people here if you know where to look, but when I saw the professionalism of POP security in Ocean One I was impressed, especially as they are armed and the insurance aspect with a professional firm is taken care of. However, hearing that they also cover Perla Marina where one of my friend's houses has been robbed regularly, concerns me again. Furthermore, I am never stopped from driving into Perla Marina and as a non-resident of the community, I should be no?

Aug 21, 2007
I am going out on a limb here.....but if a person's home is robbed regularly, then it is another issue altogether, other than the security company in charge. How is the communication between the individual involved and the security company? What is the relationship between the guards (s) and the owner?

Is there something else going on?

The longer I live here, the more I understand that when I hear of someone's misfortune, there is usually a story behind the story.

Please understand that usually is the word. I am not making sweeping generalizations.

Feel free to PM me.

Lindsey

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
...I am never stopped from driving into Perla Marina and as a non-resident of the community, I should be no?

The problem i had with the Perla Marina security and which I think is a huge hole is that pretty much anyone can say that they are going to the restaurant and they will be let in. Not good. Also a lot of Haitians are house-sitting in Perla Marina, but I guess the security company can't tell the owners who to hire to look after their properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.