Weekend getaway.

vbrookie

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Hello all!

I understand a long weekend is coming up. I would like to know if there is a place where I just can get away from it all. Perferably not that far away from Moca/Santiago(about hour or so), a place where I can just relax and shed off some of the stress that I endured from work. Thought about taking a bus to Santo Domingo for the first time, but city atmosphere, touring around the city and clubbing scene isn't what I need right now.

I am looking at budget around $200US a night (includes food and drinks expense), relaxing, quite, frindly, english spoken place, that has good food/drinks with a view. Basically Paradise.

And MUST have good in room wifi internet connection just in case I can't find a place to watch Giants game on Sunday night.

Is there paradise i am looking for, with around $200US a night, possible in DR?

TIA
vb.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I can't give any specifics, as Im not familiar with either area, but look into Jarabacoa and/or Constanza. Also, right in Santiago you could check out Camp David...Definitely has the view, relaxation and food, don't know about wifi or English speaking staff though...but Im pretty sure you'll stay well within your budget.

You can find plenty of threads here on all of the above suggestions if you're interested.

There's also Cabarete...about 90 minutes from Santiago/Moca...this weekend we have the Annual DR Jazz Fest all weekend. A stay at the Velero resort or one of the few other better hotels could be very relaxing (although they may be pretty well booked by now), with some great jazz to chill with during the day and early evening. Another hotel option is The Viva Wyndham All Inclusive...definitely less than $200 per night including food and drinks. The beach in Cabarete does get pretty crazy at night though, but you don't *have* to stay out till the wee hours...LOL. Plenty of English spoken here and as for the view...well there's the Beach, the Ocean, the kite and windsurfers and lots of bodies in skimpy bathing suits (not all are worth viewing though!) Wifi is everywhere and you can watch the Giants game right on the beach with your feet in the sand at a American-style sports bar...Jose OShays...

vbrookie

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Thanks for reply DavidZ.

Only if I knew about jazz fastival sooner, I would've strongly consider going there. But I've been snooping around here and been asking and decided to go Puerto Plata instead. I don't know about food and drinks but the hotel I booked is around $130-$140 ish per night, even if, I had to go our and find the place to eat myself, I think it'll fit with in my budget.

I really don't know what to expect because this is first time I am venturing out outside Moca/Santiago, but I'll research more on this great site tomorrow.

Once again thanks!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi vb,
I don't know of an hotel in the Puerto Plata area that charges US $130(ish) a night that is NOT All Inclusive but if you would like to mention it's name here or send me a PM I'll gladly confirm for you. I'll also give you the breakdown as to the 'quality' & 'quietness' of the hotel if you like!!:cheeky: :ermm: ~ Grahame.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Puerto Plata is near enough to Cabarete for you to go to the jazz festival during your stay, I would have thought.