Best Hotel in Bayahibe?

Christie

Apr 4, 2008
Can anyone tell me what is the best hotel in Bayahibe? With clean, renovated, upscale hotel rooms and a nice beach.

We stayed at a hotel there (Oasis Canoa). The beach was fantastic, but the hotel rooms were atrocious. Dirty, old, smelly, walls falling apart, rusty fridge, weird pillows, etc, etc. Despite the advertising that it was "recently renovated in 2007". The renos are still ongoing and our room was certainly not renovated.

We would like to stay at a really upscale hotel down there but don't know which one is the best and now we feel we can't trust the website marketing as it led us to the above hotel.

Thanks for your help.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow sorry to hear you had a bad experience there Christie! I stayed at the same hotel in 2006 and had an EXCELLENT time and my room was great. the Oasis properties are usually very clean and renovated, i know they are renovating the Hamaca in Boca Chica and not sure if they have plans to do the same in Bayahibe.
There are many other resorts/hotels in the Bayahibe area but I do not personally know them like that. If Bayahibe is where you want to stay then just book one of the other ones there and explore....sorry I cant help any more

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
stayed at iberostar there 2 years ago

family fo 5 with 3 in college

very nice and tranquill beach

would recommend it

agentyumi

Sep 4, 2008
I heard good feedbacks in Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach in terms of its location. I?ve never been there but my sister already stayed there during her 1-week vacation. I saw the hotel?s pictures which are really nice. According to my sister the location of the hotel is beautiful, the ocean is stunning. Regarding the food service, they need to improve a little bit because my sister was slightly unsatisfied with their food.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
The Viva Wyndham's are definitely on the nicest beaches. Last time I stayed, food was ok, rooms were dated and smelled damped. There are a number of buildings that have been renovated which are ok. I normally stay on the cabins on the beach which are dated, damp, but the proximity to the water and views are worth it. I last stayed here in June 08, so they may well be renovated by now.

mccabe8006

Jul 14, 2009
Try Dreams in La Romana, Usedto be Sunscapes Resort and is now a Dreams World Wide resort.
No Reservations needed for the ala cart Rest. Int & Local Drinks are served, Great Guest Services. And a Better than average Overall rateing. Swimup bar too!