Jobs in Puerto Plata City and/or the Playa Dorada complex?

Alex Roudos

Oct 18, 2008
Hello everyone,

I will be relocating in the Dominican Republic by the 11th of January 2009. I'll be staying in Costambar and i am wondering if you have any suggestions or info on how or where to start looking for a job after my arrival. I am interested in the Puerto PLata city or the hotel complex in Playa Dorada.

I would also like to mention in a few lines my working experience/education, just in case anyone knows something that would like to share.

I was a lawyer for 10 years(useless i know), have great experience in office management/secretarial/administration and PA duties, have been club manager in various dance clubs in Greece, have great experience with computers(assembling-servicing-OS and other software installations-teaching the basics of computer use), being a professional music producer and dj for the last 18 years. I am also a certified NLP(Neuro-Linguistic Programming), Time Line Therapy and Hypnotherapy practitioner.

Please accept my apologies if the above description is not appropriate for some reason. I am just trying to be as specific as possible.

Thank you all in advance for your time reading this and i'm looking forward to hearing back anything that you may have to suggest.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexwo1

Mar 2, 2008
All i know is dont have very high hopes for playa Dorada. Business is VERY slow there. Two hotels closed recently, and others have been laying off very heavily. I heard as many of 7000 workers out of the 12000, who work there, have been laid off. Seems like a high number-but idk. Even restaurants have been laying off too. sorry for the bad news and good luck.