Santiago or Sosua???? HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronxbomber

Oct 30, 2008
OK,

Heres the deal. I'm planning a 10 day long trip to DR in april 2009. Im 22 years old and love to go clubbing and dance bachata, merengue, reggaeton. I would prefer a younger crowd around my age and was just wondering which city has a more vibrant night life with alot of chicas everywhere. I would greatly appreciate respnses because i have to make my decision soon.

M

Markf128

Well, both places have a great night life. I think Santiago would be better if you wish to encounter more normal women, but you wont have the beach. Now, in Sosua the nightlife is great also but too many prostitutes. You will see a lot of old guys walking around with younger women. Also, 7 out of 10 of all the women that you'll meet in the clubs of Sosua are working girls. To be fear, not every women in Sosua is a prostitude. There is a lot of good women also but hard to find. Good luck making your decision!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
7 out of 10 ? thats pretty conservative..lol

basically, if you speak conversational spanish, go to Santiago, girls there are beautiful but they will not even want to be seen with a gringo, unless gringo speaks good spanish.

if you don't speak spanish, go to Sosua and just accept the fact that you're gonna pay. You do anyway, one way or another

Sep 19, 2005
if you want at least 50% of the women you ask to dance to say yes....and you want to have a blast.....'

your only choice is Sosua.

forget they are prosititutes or that they might be....you dont have to go home with them if you dont want...they will say yes when yopu want to dance.

in Santiago you might stand out like a sore thumb, and if you are an OBVIOUS gringo then they might not want to be thought of as a puta because they are out at a club with a gringo.......

the girls in Sosua wont care....

so you will see much better women in Santiago, but they wont dance with you

if you look laitn..or are dominican...then Santiago clubs are loaded with women in groups that are dying to be asked to dance...and that is the city you should go to for dancing.

have fun

bad bad bob

bronxbomber

Oct 30, 2008
Thanks for the responses. well i am puerto rican so i dont really look like a gringo. By the way how far and how much would it be in a cab from sosua to santiago

Sep 19, 2005
I d guess $80.............if you look like a puerto rican, you are golden....you will dance your ass off in Santiago....lots of girls go in groups....they bare dying to dance...have fun

bad bob

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thanks for the responses. well i am puerto rican so i dont really look like a gringo. By the way how far and how much would it be in a cab from sosua to santiago

You can take Caribe Tours to Santiago for $4 US. One leaves every hour at 20 minutes past the hour from 5:20 AM to 6:20 PM. Also Metro goes to Santiago, but not as frequently. Do not waste money on a cab.

1elcon34

Nov 8, 2008
I'm a gringo and speak a little Spanish and had a great time in Santiago. I met women easily and they were not putas. Don't bother with Sosua unless you want to go to the beach for the day.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
While I am not 100% fluent in Spanish, i can understand and speak Spanish pretty well. I had a great time in Santiago. The women I met were very friendly and liked the fact that I could speak Spanish, and I also danced with them. Very friendly, but different atmosphere than Sosua, and in a good way as the quality of women are 10X better there.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
another DR1 "myth" shot down. i guess you guys are not OBVIOUS grongos. i think these guys in Santiago are keeping all the girls to themselves. i've never ever had any problems anywhere i've been in the DR.
maybe it's because my wardrobe doesn't consist of cargo shorts and khaki pants ? :ermm:
if you go to Sosua be prepared to see guys who look like your grandpa. Caberete is another option for the younger crowd.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Kyle, I think you hit the bullseye. They way you dress has a lot to do with it. A lot of gringos dress in khakis or shorts outside of the AI and stick out as the typical tourist for sure. They way you carry yourself and if you have some Spanish language skills will go a long way. I can see how it would be embarassing for a Dominicana to be seen with the typical gringo tourist.

M

Markf128

Santiago Rocks! According to my friend, they have the most beautiful women in DR.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Another tip if you go to Santiago, tell the girls you're there on business, looking for a place to put the new business you're opening.

In addition to the solid advice given here about speaking the language, dressing, etc You'll still be fighting an uphill battle if you're there for a week and they'll probably never see you again. If they think you're moving here permanently AND you've got your own business it'll be a big plus.

I've met a lot of Dominican Yorks who come here and can't get the time of day from the nice girls because they know the guys are going to bail in a week and they'll never see them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.