Sanky?

LaMoreniita

Oct 11, 2007
From what I've seen lately, the term 'sanky panky' is now very known in the DR. Dominicans are really conscient of what is said about them, especially of resort workers, in particular those in animation.. They know that animation guys get MANY girls. So I was wondering your opinion... if knowing what they know, most guys who apply for animation are truly looking for their visa? Which would litteraly confirm what has been said for the longest time animation workers ARE sankies!!
What about the other ones who say they will never work on a resort because of the 'Sanky reputation' it would give them? :ermm:

Also, I've seen some ugly, and some not so young animators being with pretty young gringas, what's up with that!! What could these girls be possibly looking for? They can't say they're in love if they've know him for 2 hours.. The real love stories gringa/dominican, all started on LUST, that's a fact, and then love developped!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Also, I've seen some ugly, and some not so young animators being with pretty young gringas, what's up with that!! What could these girls be possibly looking for?

I have been told that these gringas are being fed lies that all Dominican men are well endowed!!!!!!!!!!

tcinlo

Feb 1, 2008
So here's a question from someone new to this forum: What does an "animation" worker do?

I thought animators worked for Walt Disney.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
They are workers at a resort. They are the ones that get all the games and fun activities going by the pool and down by the beach.

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
most of the guys i have seen LOOK so GAY and act VERYGAY
and this is comming from a gay guy
blond hair Eyebrows plucked from hell and back
wake up ladies and guys

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
some of these so called animation workers proboly sincerally get jobs at the hotel to make a honest buck.but once they learn the ropes from the experienced sankys and sankets it to tempting for them to resist the temptation of easy gringo money.they proboly cant believe how much a few sweet words and good acting job can get them.but they learn quick.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Many Dominicans will NOT work in animation because of being labeled. Some will not look to work in the tourism industry at all.

On the north coast there are all kinds of assumptions made. If a dominican man is with a gringa - he is a sankie. If a dominican woman is with a gringo - she is a puta (whore). In many cases this is the case but not always!!!

I am in a relationship with a dominican man and he is very very conscious of what other people are thinking.

To answer your other question - are many applicants for the job of animator looking for a visa? Possibly. Many are looking for a way to feed their family, or earn a living and then fall into it. Some are looking to meet a foreigner and get out! You betcha. Many think it is far easier - out there - then it is here.

As for them being 'ugly" beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thank goodness we don't all like the same things............ Now that I am done being politically correct - damn what are they thinking??? Some are damn ugly................

Reactions: Lapurr

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
some of these so called animation workers proboly sincerally get jobs at the hotel to make a honest buck.but once they learn the ropes from the experienced sankys and sankets it to tempting for them to resist the temptation of easy gringo money.they proboly cant believe how much a few sweet words and good acting job can get them.but they learn quick.

I think it's like a trade (ie: electrician), they learn from each other unless it may be hereditary in once particular case! hmmm.... not sure....whatever it is...it's sad and a waste of time and money!

Not very good role models for children!

contasm

May 10, 2005

There is a constant ?revolving door? within the occupation of being part of ?Equipo de Animacion?, most of them start early/young, at the bottom of the barrel and climb the ladder as the ones at the top leave, let?s say from a 3 star resort, to a 4 star one. Those who show real talent, loyalty and discipline are sometimes sent to Germany or Italy to learn the language and special schools to learn how to design shows, organize activities and train apprentices on the endless functions they are supposed to perform to keep guests busy and entertained. Some are given scholarships to complete hotel management courses/diplomas to later on join the resort?s management team.
And ..yes.. some learn quick ;)

Saludos
Contasm

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
most of the guys i have seen LOOK so GAY and act VERYGAY
and this is comming from a gay guy
blond hair Eyebrows plucked from hell and back
wake up ladies and guys

If you go to gay resorts ou gay hotels of course they look gay and so are they not in the regular resort though. Living in the D.R., I've been to a lot of resorts, I can say that almost weekly( or every 2 weeks) I spend a day in a resort. I spend weekends and before living in the D.R. I used to go on vacation in the resorts. I've seen those NONgay sankies say goodbye to a gringa at 2:00 in the afternoon and waiting for the same bus to come back from the airport at 5:00 in the same afternoon just to watch la carne nueva llegar.

With the years and the gay people that have made their coming out, let's say that more and more sankies are to whatever is good to obtain a visa or $$$$$

Last edited:
Reactions: jrhartley

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

They all know the rules and from a long time now. This sanky thing existed in the late 80s so 20 years ago.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
false hope

you know what? who don't we stick to honest policy and say:
don't raise your hope, ladies. if your boy works in a resort - he's a sankie.
let's drop all this rubbish that 1 in 1000 resort workers is decent because then every woman thinks her jose is this special only one honest and truly great.

Mar 2, 2008
"you know what? who don't we stick to honest policy and say:
don't raise your hope, ladies. if your boy works in a resort - he's a sankie.
let's drop all this rubbish that 1 in 1000 resort workers is decent because then every woman thinks her jose is this special only one honest and truly great."

You know what? That's a good point.

Why prattle about a statistically insignificant number. It's like saying, "Why don't you to Vegas, and bet the farm at the craps table, 'cause you know there's a .05% chance you can double your money."

Call a spade a spade. (In reference to Vegas)

Reactions: mike l

puertoplataexpat

Jan 6, 2008
From the origional post....

The real love stories gringa/dominican, all started on LUST, that's a fact, and then love developped!!

I beg to differ....I'm a gringa...and I have always loved my sanky(...Dominican, younger, not animation, not working in tourism,....but that is what everyone else on this board would call him!) from the start, out of mutual respect!...not lust!

We have two beautiful children, been together almost eight years, the last two of which we have not been in the same country...but not seperated for much longer I hope!!
I am an independant, educated and intelligent woman....and if I wanted to stay seperated and single I certainly could do!! But I choose not to...and that is my choice...not because I am desperate, not because I got "taken in" or "hooked" in any way!

I am a responsible adult, and so is my partner...........
PLEASE...I know this thread is on Sanky 101.....
But 100% Dominican male...does not translate to 100% Sanky...

Naive...you may think so???....thats up to you? (AZB included!)

Did anyone see the Channel 4 Documentary that is being screened at the moment in the UK????
I believe someone was posting on here for information 9 months to 1 year ago for "research"....

Let me just add that it does not paint British (foreign) women in a good light...the ones that are induldging in "sex tourism" in Puerto Plata, and certainly not the Dominican men....not good for tourism in general!
If you get the chance to see the documentary (two parts, I believe?), don't know if you can get it in the DR yet?.....
(Don't know...maybe a bit boring for all you people who are so experienced in the art of "Sankyism"...lol)

I am truly amazed that after watching the first instalment...(lots of actividades I know personally, included in there!! ...through working in the hotels) that the word SANKY is not mentioned!

Just a general statement!
Jo.