MotoCaribe Blog

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Something kinda new, our blog with instant photo and GPS positioning updates. Partner Ed set it up so his new cell phone can update pics in real time, and the GPS mode on the site shows where we are at any given moment (choose the "hybrid" mode on the pull down menu and it will overlay on Google Maps-as I type this, you can see Camp Moto.)

MotoCaribe Blog

We're starting a tour today, and will be seeing how this works out for the next week.

Enjoy!

Reactions: FernieBee

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nice blog! :)

I'm so looking forward to Google maps being at street level here.
We have so many ideas on projects waiting for this.

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
A little confused?
DO you do bike tour in the DR?
Are u talking of a GPS for the DR? from a hibrid vehicule?
Lately ,it has been alot of talking about traking GPS for the DR ? But it's all talk ,i have not seen any conrete evidences on the market?
I hate driving in places that i don't know so maybe you could cure my fear of driving with your little gadget?
thanks for your input?
Ben

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A little confused?
Been there myself.

ben oregon said:
DO you do bike tour in the DR?
Yes: MotoCaribe Motorcycle Adventure Touring in the Dominican Republic. Just finishing a tour today.

ben oregonAre u talking of a GPS for the DR? from a hibrid vehicule?[/quote said:
GPS from the DR, si. "Hybrid" refers to on map the GPS link on the "Realtime GPS Link Feed": InstaMapper - MotoCaribe Tour GPS Tracking upper right corner, the box that says "map". The "hybrid shows where the tour is in real time, updated every 10 seconds. Well, when there is a data signal on a cell carrier. Not so much around Nagua and Samana, and in some of the mountainous areas we ride in. :ermm::tired:...

ben oregon said:
Lately ,it has been alot of talking about traking GPS for the DR ? But it's all talk ,i have not seen any conrete evidences on the market?
It's coming. We've done GPS tracks and uploaded them.

ben oregon said:
I hate driving in places that i don't know so maybe you could cure my fear of driving with your little gadget?
Maps still work fine, GPS is a nice touch, but the DR can be fully explored without one. Our blog uploads GPS info.

ben oregon said:
thanks for your input?
Ben
Da nada...