Mortgage Processing time

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Hello all,

Just looking for a little infortion...how long is the processing time for a USD loan with BHD....Does anyone have any experience with this...I am FREAKING out now, cause we originally planned to take the loan out in Canada, but then the exchange rate changed suddenly so we had to go with local financing....The bank has had all the info for 2 weeks now and should give and answer this week...But the unit is going to be ready for Dec 1st !!!!

Does anyone have any timeline they can give me from approval to disbursement of the funds ??

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Paradise, any issues getting the loan? I know lot of banks are simply not lending these days or charging so much in interest that they effectively take themselves out of the lending business.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I took a loan from Banca Reserva so we can build local credit. It wasn't that large of a loan. It took about 6 months after the paperwork was in to get the final "okay". Then they have to put the funds in the account...another week...for 50% of it....then another month...for the other 50% of it. All the time they are charging interest after the "okay".

Sheesh. If I didn't want to live here for ever I would be very annoyed!

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Ok here i go....I have my mortgage with BHD and they took one month to deny my loan in dollars and then another month to approve my loan in pesos and finally 2 weeks to pay out. Like the OP stated all the time charging you interest. The builders will understand because they are use to dealing with the local banks.

Try not to freak out I did, I figure they had all the documents required and I was pre approved prior to processing, so it shouldn't take that long WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!! They are slow and everything has to be looked over by a commitee and then signed by the 2 to 3 bank executives who are never there.

In the end it all works out....When in Rome... well you know.

sunshine73