Arquitectural Ratings: Peravia Motors

Rate the new Peravia Motors showroom/office in Santo Domingo.

• 5 = Excellent/Beautiful

Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 3 = Fair/OK

Votes: 4 33.3%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 1 = Poor/Ugly

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Peravia Motors is the exclusive distributor of Daihatsu, Skoda, and Renault Trucks, DFM, and Heli forklifts in the Dominican Republic. They recently did a complete renovation of their showroom on avenida Kennedy in Santo Domingo.

Personally I think the new showroom is quite attractive, modern, and with an airy feel.

What do you think?

On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 = poor and 5 = excellent, how would you rate the new Peravia Motors showroom?

Here are a few photos from the article in the most recent edition of Archivos de Arquitectura Antillana, a Dominican magazine.

peraviamotors1gd0.jpg

peraviamotors2bz0.jpg

peraviamotors4jf5.jpg

peraviamotors5zw0.jpg

-NALs

Mar 2, 2008
Early New Deal crossed with Art Deco.

I see nothing particularly innovative about the design. It looks like a thousand other dealership buildings, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's hardly a candidate for the Frank Lloyd Wright Hall of Fame.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I don't dislike it... after all, it's a car dealership... not a home or restaurant.
The problem in these countries with these kinds of designs however is, that unless high quality materials, finishes and engineering is used, they tend to age poorly.

... J-D.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
why was my comment deleted-? I dont like the design looks like a hospital
The only other person that can modify a thread in this forum is AnnaC and when she does that, the post that was deleted is visible to me (as the moderator of this forum) with a reason for why it was deleted.

I haven't deleted any posts in this thread and there are no signs that you posted anything, so I guess it was a technological error that prevented the appearance of your original comment, if in fact you posted an original comment or are simply bluffing.

In any case, everyone should stick to the topic otherwise there WILL BE some deleting on this thread.

-NALs

Aug 19, 2004
Another example of bog standard commercial architecture that will probably soon look very dated. Agree with JDS - the real test will be how it looks in 5 years time.