Private plane

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
Hi,

Is there anyone out there with a private plane willing to fly to Turks & Caicos on Tuesday 9th December? Someone I know needs to get there specifically on that date.

Many thanks

Nikki

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi Nikki

Please let me know the following details:
How many passengers leaving on 9th Dec from Santo Domingo to Turks/Caicos
Do you need a return and when? How many passengers will be returning.
Once I have the above info - I can arrange the plane for you

Thanks

Oscar

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
Hi Oscar,

I believe they want to go from Puerto Plata - is that possible? If so, please let me know and I will find out more details regarding no of passengers, dates, etc.

Thanks very much

Nikki

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Puerto Plata is not a problem - please remember 90% of the private planes for such flights are based out of Santo Domingo - so our plane would go up to Puerto Plata to pick your group up and take them to T&C

Await further info

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Thanks Dringa

It was actually me that was asking around and Nikki thought she would try DR1 on my behalf. I have PM'd you the clients' details. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks a million.....

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Just for info.

Could you not post a "rough guide" to prices for us folk up north to fly down south? I'm sure we would all like to know how much it would cost to fly a group of say 4 people down to Santo Domingo and back in one day. Likewise day trips to the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Turks and Caicos. Then perhaps weekend return prices?

I doubt it would be "advertising" more like VERY useful info.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Could you not post a "rough guide" to prices for us folk up north to fly down south? I'm sure we would all like to know how much it would cost to fly a group of say 4 people down to Santo Domingo and back in one day. Likewise day trips to the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Turks and Caicos. Then perhaps weekend return prices?

I doubt it would be "advertising" more like VERY useful info.

Don't worry, Oscar is an advertiser, he's allowed to respond and post details.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Ok - here we go:
Aircraft: Piper Chieftain with AC and flies on average at 8000 feet at 180knts
Capacity: 7 paxs / 300 lbs of cargo on average
Hourly rate: US$700 per hour flying time
If you wish the plane to stay with you overnight, the charge is US$350 for a 24 hour period
Home base for the plane is Santo Domingo , Higuero Int Airport. All flights are quoted based from this airport outbound:

Flight times: Roundtrip
MDJB(Higuero) - POP 2 hours
MDJB - PUJ 1.5 hours
MDJB - STI 1 hour
MDJB - Turks/Caicos 3.5 hours
POP - Turks/Caicos 2 hours - but since the plane comes out of MDJB - 4 hours
MDJB - SJU (San Juan) 2.5 hours
POP - SJU 3 hours
POP - MIA/FLL 7 hours
MDJB - Jamaica 4.5 hours
MDJB - PAP (Haiti) 2 hours

The above price does not include landing fees, which differ at each airport and overnight charges as mentioned above.

If you want a 3 seat plane then the hourly rate changes to
US$350 per hour